• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February 2013 ComicLink "Featured" Auction

202 posts in this topic

Let's see some more boardie purchases.

This is the only thing I managed to pick up; still, single digit, Marvel, Silver Age, CGC graded 9.4 for under $350? :whee:

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids%2Easp&id=962298

Agreed. I have always liked that particular Wood cover. Congratulations.

This is the only thing I managed to pick up; still, single digit, Marvel, Silver Age, CGC graded 9.4 for under $350? :whee:

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids%2Easp&id=962298

Thanks!

Thanks!

Wally Wood! :cloud9:

134835.jpg.3ff93ef06c2e4a45ef065b31b4afb6de.jpg

Finally. I have wanted this book in this grade for as long as I can remember.

I am a big John Ford fan. "The Searchers" is one of my all time favorite films.....for so many different reasons. The final shot alone makes it one of the greatest films of all time in my opinion. Don't get me started on how much I love Monument Valley.

With that said, I know that the book went for a very high amount, but if I had let this one get away, I would have always regretted it. You don't look as long as I have for a NM copy and hold out for the next one to come along.

TheSearchers_zpsbf19881c.jpg

It is always shweeeet when you finally get the book you've been hunting in the grade you desire. Nice job! (thumbs u

Why didn't I become a Daredevil fan instead of X-Men when I was a kid. I could save so much money now in completing a higher grade run!

I am a big John Ford fan. "The Searchers" is one of my all time favorite films.....for so many different reasons. The final shot alone makes it one of the greatest films of all time in my opinion. Don't get me started on how much I love Monument Valley.

With that said, I know that the book went for a very high amount, but if I had let this one get away, I would have always regretted it. You don't look as long as I have for a NM copy and hold out for the next one to come along.

Congrats on winning a great book! I love the Searchers movie too especially because of John Wayne and Natalie Wood! EJR (worship)

Great book for a great price! These early DDs shouldn't be this cheap.

Congrats Scott! I am sitting this auction out.

The Searchers is a great movie! Congratulations on your win. I won't lie, I was stunned by how high the bidding went on that book (I wasn't a bidder). Since you're buying to enjoy - and not with an investment mentality - the price doesn't matter much, though. Some of my favorite books are ones I paid very dearly for.

Some cool pickups here so far...CONGRATS to all winnahs! :applause:

Especially that The Searchers book...very cool! :headbang:

My one win...at $200 less than my max bid which was at about market... :banana:

JIM_96_zpsd5c859e5.jpg

Some good JIM deals to be had...

JIM 92 9.4 (only 6 in 9.4...4 in 9.6) $1777

JIM 105 9.4 $757

JIM 9.4 $1046 about market

JIM 116 9.4 $877