• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Wake by Scott Snyder

380 posts in this topic

Issue #7 didn't disappoint. I just wish they weren't going to attempt to resolve this series with only the three remaining issues.

Serious #7 spoiler:

I started to obsess on whether the "Golden Net" is a Chekhov's Gun, or just a MacGuffin, but you know what, it doesn't matter. This -script/world-building is so good, I'll overlook it either way.

I am loving this book. I was talking to a fellow boardie about this book and they feel that in a few years we could be looking back at it like Watchmen. I tend to agree and would love to see this great world live on...

I still can't believe what an amazing issue #5 was. Those final pages were absolutely haunting and gut wrenching.

What I love is this series could *easily* get the tv treatment, but Scott's been clear this comic was written FOR comics. Definitely someone who loves the medium.

Question on the end of #7:

Are the two of them inside the Giant Mer at the end? Or did the dolphin whisk her away in time?

I thought the belly of the Giant Mer opened up to reveal it was a machine of some sort. Kind of hard to tell what happened on those last few pages but that's what I took away.

Are the two of them inside the Giant Mer at the end? Or did the dolphin whisk her away in time?

I thought the belly of the Giant Mer opened up to reveal it was a machine of some sort. Kind of hard to tell what happened on those last few pages but that's what I took away.

Same impression here.

That's what I thought as well, but the art threw me off a bit. And I tend to focus more on the dialog then the images; still stuck in a novel mindset.

Guess we'll know for sure next issue. Great series.