• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Wake by Scott Snyder

380 posts in this topic

Just picked up the first three issues and am kicking myself for passing this up in the first place. There are elements of the story that have been played over extensively in various comics/movies/tv, but it still is an excellent read and great artwork. The poacher/hunter's (i forgot his name already) last meal panel had me chuckling.

Now I have to read issue 3, I hate that guy!!! lol

I have got to say, supremely happy to have picked up this page:

IMG_3621_zps20943f59.jpg

I think the spoiler wait period is over enough that I can post this...

Congrats - one of the better pages of the whole series so far & one that works better without words.

IMG_3621_zps20943f59.jpg

Congrats - one of the better pages of the whole series so far & one that works better without words.

well done. :applause: great page

That particular page looks better to me in black and white. I love the colors in the story and I'm glad they are there. I think this book has great pencils and would take an even darker tone in B&W. 2c

I think a lot of Murphy's stuff looks better in B&W/inked -- Matt Hollingsworth does a fantastic job with colors, but I just prefer his art that way.

IMG_3621_zps20943f59.jpg

Best page in the book. Beauty!

IMG_3621_zps20943f59.jpg

Best page in the book. Beauty!

Great page! I think you got an extremely good page for the price based on what some of the other pages are priced at. Congratulations.

Issue #3 dropped about two weeks ago. And whoa! Totally overlooked the fact we're getting skipped this month. Bummer. Still, with handling 3 major titles, and then with other titles picking up on Zero Year, Snyder is a busy dude. Plus, he's got his AVP anthology dropping this month as well.

Finally remembered the name of the show that this reminded me of so much, BBC's The Deep (+evil mermaid):

Decent show if anyone is interested, but you will not be able to read the Wake without intermixing the two.