• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Wake by Scott Snyder

380 posts in this topic

Why is this on page three... Have you not read this yet? Holy cow. Why is this not an ongoing? What a GREAT intro to a new character. Wow, this is an amazing book. I don't know how many are adverse to minis or whether this has just fallen off your pull list, but this is AMAZING art and the story never leaves me feeling like I was short changed... See trillium among others.

Why is this on page three... Have you not read this yet? Holy cow. Why is this not an ongoing? What a GREAT intro to a new character. Wow, this is an amazing book. I don't know how many are adverse to minis or whether this has just fallen off your pull list, but this is AMAZING art and the story never leaves me feeling like I was short changed... See trillium among others.

I'm guessing its a mini series because snyder and murphy probably have a lot of other projects going on. Plus keeping it to 10 issues ensures that all 10 are awesome (hopefully) and not filler.

Splash page from Wake #5, which I am wrapping in spoiler alerts for obvious reasons:

IMG_4604_zpsea3e62e3.jpg

I am so glad I didn't read the solicits for the next issues. Was absolutely floored at the end of this issue. With deference to Locke & Key, The Wake is 100% my top-of-the-pile-to-read-first pick. For this issue, I actually downloaded it on Comixology before I left for work.

Splash page from Wake #5, which I am wrapping in spoiler alerts for obvious reasons:

IMG_4604_zpsea3e62e3.jpg

I am so glad I didn't read the solicits for the next issues. Was absolutely floored at the end of this issue. With deference to Locke & Key, The Wake is 100% my top-of-the-pile-to-read-first pick. For this issue, I actually downloaded it on Comixology before I left for work.

Fantastic piece :applause:

I loved the latest issue of The Wake. Really looking forward to arc 2. Was not expecting the ending in issue 5 but no complaints at all. This book is enjoyable. A+

ageed.

:applause: issue 5 lived up to the hype and kept the momentum going!

I am still trying to figure out how a bunch of mermen can cause the moon to explode (see final page of #2). Unless the remaining humans blow it up to mess with the tides...

There isn't another series with the intellectual firepower (and matching art) quite like this one.

Other than Locke & Key, of course.