• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Wake by Scott Snyder

380 posts in this topic

I agree its going to be a good read, but not a good flip.

From what I've seen, #1 of a mini is best to sell within a few weeks of release. Unless someone wants to buy my Snapshot #1 and Five Weapon #1 first prints.

I'll throw in a Harvest #1?

Anyone?

Agree with Awax, I'll end up buying the singles - but in an ideal world I'd hold out for the trade.

Reading wise, a trade will be the best.. But almost always give in and start buying the issues.

I used to do this, but I came to realise that actually it's not too hard to trade wait. For one thing, they seem to be being released a lot more quickly after arcs/series finish now (particularly Image books) - and for another my reading list is backed up so far that it's not like I'm short of other options for things to be reading while I wait.

My system now is to buy first issues digitally to see if I like them - if I do, they go on a list to trade wait. If not, it doesn't cost me too much. The number of titles I feel I have to keep on my pull list and read monthly is getting shorter and shorter.

Flipping wise. No good.

Reading wise, a trade will be the best.. But almost always give in and start buying the issues.

I completely agree. Look at the numbers with Snyder's other horror comic, Severed.

Only a thirty nine #1s were sent to CGC and most were the San Diego CC grey cover variant.

Of issues #2 through #7, zero Severed issues were sent to CGC.

Has anyone seen the 1:25 yet?

Yup, picked up 2 today.

Nice. At least I know it exists now. Midtown didn't list any. And they were off TFAW same day they were posted without an image, so I was wondering if my order would be canceled.

Has anyone seen the 1:25 yet?

Yup, picked up 2 today.

Nice. At least I know it exists now. Midtown didn't list any. And they were off TFAW same day they were posted without an image, so I was wondering if my order would be canceled.

They said they should have it by Friday, in time for the signing.

That was a great #1 issue. Each page was designed differently. A lot of work went into this series and it shows. Amazing art and plenty of dialogue for the price.

TheWakepage10_zps905949a8.jpg

When I saw the top panel I knew that I was going to read the rest of them.