• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just dropped my comic shop because they ticked me off!

112 posts in this topic

Ok so I am a regular customer who goes there and buys every week. I get there as they open their doors at 11AM, about ten of us are there. All the new comics are out for sale except Batman Inc #8. I asked him why aren't there any issues of that, he said sold out!!! *&^%* bull(*&^^ I will NEVER go there again!!

Ok so I am a regular customer who goes there and buys every week. I get there as they open their doors at 11AM, about ten of us are there. All the new comics are out for sale except Batman Inc #8. I asked him why aren't there any issues of that, he said sold out!!! *&^%* bull(*&^^ I will NEVER go there again!!

Phat Collectibles in Huntington Beach (tsk)

Wahhhhh :cry:

No because greedy scummmbags like that will loose loyal customers who have other venues to choose from. Which is what I did and purchased my copy and the variant next town over!

I love the smell of butthurt in the morning. :cloud9:

Butthurt because the owner was smart enough not to let him buy all his copies then put them on e-bay for $20+ ^^

No because greedy scummmbags like that will loose loyal customers who have other venues to choose from. Which is what I did and purchased my copy and the variant next town over!
I love the smell of butthurt in the morning. :cloud9:

Butthurt because the owner was smart enough not to let him buy all his copies then put them on e-bay for $20+ ^^

Then why cry about it? doh!

What bothers me the most about this thread is that once again a boardie does not know the difference between "lose"and "loose". If I had an X-Force 1 for every time that I see it on here....

:)

Leave his spelling and punctuation alone! He's pist! rantrant

:roflmao:

Did you have it on your pull list?

This is the real question here. If it was, you have every right to be upset.

If it wasn't, you have no right to complain nor any proof that he did anything underhanded.

Book on your pull list not available because comic shop owner decided to sell your reserved copy at a premium somewhere else = unprofessional and unethical

Book not on your pull list -- or you don't even have a pull list with the shop -- and the shop owner doesn't have the hot book available = occupational hazard of chasing after a suddenly hot book that you don't already have reserved somewhere

The first, I'd be royally upset about the second. The second, I'd only be upset with myself. (shrug)

It was on my pull list and they accidently overlooked it! Looks like some boardies lack ethics in their everyday practice by siding with slimeball store owners like this.

Book on your pull list not available because comic shop owner decided to sell your reserved copy at a premium somewhere else = unprofessional and unethical

Book not on your pull list -- or you don't even have a pull list with the shop -- and the shop owner doesn't have the hot book available = occupational hazard of chasing after a suddenly hot book that you don't already have reserved somewhere

The first, I'd be royally upset about the second. The second, I'd only be upset with myself. (shrug)