• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Comics... 9.8......

186 posts in this topic

Ok, I'm looking at some of the issues on-line at metropolis comics. I really like the layout, and I also like that the grading is listed quite specificly. They break them down just like CGC, and I have seen several listings where they have a 9.8, a 9.6, and a 9.4 of the same issue. So it LOOKS like they have their grading down pretty tight. Does anyone have any experiences (positive or negative) as to how well their grading is? I mean, If I buy a 9.8 from them, will I have a shot at CGC 9.8? (I know CGC is always a gamble, but i'm just trying to figure my odds and my cash-out vs possible rewards). Any info here would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!

-Rival

Well, I usually only buy lower grade stuff from them, but they are pretty accurate when it comes to those books. Of course, high grade is a different animal altogether, so I don't really know. Someone else here probably has experience with them in that regard.

If I buy a 9.8 from them, will I have a shot at CGC 9.8?

I bought a raw bronze ASM "9.8" from J&S and it came back 9.6.

That's about the best one can hope for... angel.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Welcome back JC!

flowerred.gif

I'm not "back', I just had to save the poor guy some money. I've got some Metro "9.6 to 9.8" issues that you would not believe. 893frustrated.gif

I would believe... frown.gif893censored-thumb.gif

I'm not "back', I just had to save the poor guy some money. I've got some Metro "9.6 to 9.8" issues that you would not believe. 893frustrated.gif

Ah, I see we have another satisfied customer? foreheadslap.gif

All I was really expecting was NM copies at worst, but now I'm thinking that Metro raided MileHigh of their Head Graders.

I recently made 2 purchases from them. All high grade stuff. One order, all 9.2-9.4 were at LEAST as graded, if not nicer. The next order was probably overgraded by a full grade on average.

It's entirely hit-or-miss.

If you want it, buy it and if it's not up to par, send it back.

Ah, I see we have another satisfied customer? foreheadslap.gif

All I was really expecting was NM copies at worst, but now I'm thinking that Metro raided MileHigh of their Head Graders.

My one purchase from Metro was OK.

upper-midgrade Silver stuff.

I just believe anyone buying "raw NM" comics rarely ever gets NM comics. frown.gif

If you want it, buy it and if it's not up to par, send it back.

Sure, but if you're a Canuck, you need to pay for XPressPost Courier to match their "return requirements", so instead of getting rooked twice by missing the deadline, I just ate the loss.

What really bothers me is the incredible gall needed to label a VF+ comic as "NM+ 9.8". That takes some serious balls. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Hey, at least you got a Mylar. 893frustrated.gif

Mine looked to be in the same old bags and creased boards that the collection was bought in. I bet that Metro just looked these over quick, and slapped a sticker on.