• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My LCS Rant (Long Read)...

111 posts in this topic

This thread unlike OMGWTFBBQSCUMBAG guy's thread actually managed to give us enough info to make an informed statement.

Interesting how that happens.

Also, douchebaggotry.

It's funny you brought that up. I read that thread, along with all of the comments about not having enough info, so I started this thread knowing I was going to type the entire backstory. Haha

This thread unlike OMGWTFBBQSCUMBAG guy's thread actually managed to give us enough info to make an informed statement.

Also, douchebaggotry.

Hooray for critical distinctions.

Also, douchebaggotry.

It's funny you brought that up. I read that thread, along with all of the comments about not having enough info, so I started this thread knowing I was going to type the entire backstory. Haha

Don't get me wrong, OMGWTFBBQSCUMBAG is all kinds of fun but it helps to have a rational story with all the information if you are looking for feedback that doesn't involve the words dumbarse.

Otherwise the Comic General gangbang will leave tire tracks all over your carcass.

Which is fun. For the rest of us.

:foryou:

Also, douchebaggotry.

Don't get me wrong, OMGWTFBBQSCUMBAG is all kinds of fun but it helps to have a rational story with all the information if you are looking for feedback that doesn't involve the words dumbarse.

Otherwise the Comic General gangbang will leave tire tracks all over your carcass.

Hahaha I've seen that a lot in my short time here.

I was impressed by your ability to express your dissatisfaction in a cogent manner. I was also disappointed that you expressed your dissatisfaction in such a cogent manner.

Also, douchebaggotry.

bacon-lube-300x358_zps3c18a549.jpg

I was impressed by your ability to express your dissatisfaction in a cogent manner. I was also disappointed that you expressed your dissatisfaction in such a cogent manner.

You can blame that on the English degree I just received a month ago. Ha

Then he asked, "Then why are you purchasing it?"

"Because it's for sale, douchepump. WTF business is it of yours why someone buys something YOU HAVE FOR SALE...? Didn't order enough? That's YOUR problem, assholio. WTF do you think you are, asking me why I'm BUYING something in a retail store???"

(thumbs u

How late can a store up their standing orders on a book, and are there any "rules" from publishers and/or distributors regarding immediately dropping those orders the following month? Is it really as simple or economical (selling more of one issue but being stuck with tons or copies of future issues and no one to buy) as just getting more copies?

In the end, I suppose even retail stores can ultimately do what they want to do. Luckily, I've had great shops in town.

How late can a store up their standing orders on a book, and are there any "rules" from publishers and/or distributors regarding immediately dropping those orders the following month? Is it really as simple or economical (selling more of one issue but being stuck with tons or copies of future issues and no one to buy) as just getting more copies?

In the end, I suppose even retail stores can ultimately do what they want to do. Luckily, I've had great shops in town.

I'm not sure about being liable to purchase a certain quantity of future issues, but my problem was that after all of the copies for subscribers had already been pulled, there were two on the shelves available for purchase. I didn't think it was a "problem" that I bought one.

Giving that reason to a retailer for buying a hot book smells of ebay flippancy. So it might put him on guard that you are gaming him to get extra copies to profit off of when he's trying to get them into the hands of people who don't already have a copy. He's probably wondering why you can't share.

Even this I don't like. If you put ten copies of "Peter Pounderfist the Superior Spider-Man Inc" on your shelf for a price (cover or otherwise), they should be up for grabs. If you're concerned about someone buying too many, keep 5 behind the counter, or up the price. But to give someone attitude or flat out refuse to sell items that the customer has already decided to buy - because they were there, and the customer assumed he was in a RETAIL STORE - is just douchebaggotry.

No doubt the shop owner acted like a douchbaggatron, but the flip side is the slicker than slick numb nutz that comes in thinking he's outsmarting the world and makes up a story about his sick aunt who just loves Peter Poundingsand and that's why he wants an extra case of them. Some guys just don't like getting played, or getting lied to, or not having enough copies for a bunch of customers to get one because someone wanted to flip it. So I see the merit in limiting copies, just not the way he did it.

I made anyone who bought a BI #8 hop around on one foot and quack like a gay duck.

Was that wrong?

How much time do you spend on the gay fowl party line that you discern the hetero call from the one? hm

Also, douchebaggotry.

Scummmbag

Makes me Pist!!

I picked up the issue yesterday and asked about it. My shop had a nice # on the shelves yesterday about 5, the manager said it was selling really well.

I asked "did you know" and he said sorta. His DC rep asked if he wanted to increase his order, and said his DC rep isn't prone to hype, so he figured he was serious and should stock up. No idea if they limited how many copies.

Giving that reason to a retailer for buying a hot book smells of ebay flippancy. So it might put him on guard that you are gaming him to get extra copies to profit off of when he's trying to get them into the hands of people who don't already have a copy. He's probably wondering why you can't share.

Even this I don't like. If you put ten copies of "Peter Pounderfist the Superior Spider-Man Inc" on your shelf for a price (cover or otherwise), they should be up for grabs. If you're concerned about someone buying too many, keep 5 behind the counter, or up the price. But to give someone attitude or flat out refuse to sell items that the customer has already decided to buy - because they were there, and the customer assumed he was in a RETAIL STORE - is just douchebaggotry.

No doubt the shop owner acted like a douchbaggatron, but the flip side is the slicker than slick numb nutz that comes in thinking he's outsmarting the world and makes up a story about his sick aunt who just loves Peter Poundingsand and that's why he wants an extra case of them. Some guys just don't like getting played, or getting lied to, or not having enough copies for a bunch of customers to get one because someone wanted to flip it. So I see the merit in limiting copies, just not the way he did it.

I understand that too, but he knows my little brother and both of my cousins because he talks to them every time they come in. I could see if I said I was buying copies for a "friend" that he has never seen or met.

I understand that too, but he knows my little brother and both of my cousins because he talks to them every time they come in. I could see if I said I was buying copies for a "friend" that he has never seen or met.

The guy's pretty socially challenged regardless. Find a new place. You'll be happier.

I made anyone who bought a BI #8 hop around on one foot and quack like a gay duck.

Was that wrong?

How much time do you spend on the gay fowl party line that you discern the hetero call from the one? hm

I was not aware of this party line. Do tell... :popcorn: