• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con, March 28-30, 2014, Seatlle, WA.

322 posts in this topic

Any beer drinkers goin to this show :wishluck:

(thumbs u

Any beer drinkers goin to this show :wishluck:
:headbang:

Perhaps a "session" / meetup is in store for whoever would like to join. This place has got just about everything we would need :grin:

Tap House Grill

Ottawa Canada, there's a lot of options closer, but I'm meeting a friend there who lives a little closer than I, he went last year and said it was phenomenal.

I always find events like this (1st comic con, but I've been collecting sports cards for years) more fun when there's someone you know to hang out with, so it was an easy decision to add this to the plan's for next year over a Toronto/NY/Chicago type event. Even if my budget for shopping is minimal I consider the cost to be for a fun and relaxing weekend - that way even if I come away with very little, as long as I have a good time hanging out with friends, the money spent was worth it. I used to get hung up on whether the "cost" of the trip was worth the deals I'd find vs. just buying online, and then realized I was paying for the experience. Haven't looked back, and now just look forward to meeting up with like minded individuals and immersing myself in the hobby for a weekend.

Ottawa Canada, there's a lot of options closer, but I'm meeting a friend there who lives a little closer than I, he went last year and said it was phenomenal.

I always find events like this (1st comic con, but I've been collecting sports cards for years) more fun when there's someone you know to hang out with, so it was an easy decision to add this to the plan's for next year over a Toronto/NY/Chicago type event. Even if my budget for shopping is minimal I consider the cost to be for a fun and relaxing weekend - that way even if I come away with very little, as long as I have a good time hanging out with friends, the money spent was worth it. I used to get hung up on whether the "cost" of the trip was worth the deals I'd find vs. just buying online, and then realized I was paying for the experience. Haven't looked back, and now just look forward to meeting up with like minded individuals and immersing myself in the hobby for a weekend.

The shows a lot of fun and I've met a few boardies there. Definitely worth going.

bout what..... 3 -4 hours ? I'm in Springfield and taking the Amtrak up. Plusses and minuses..... Plus is no parking fees :banana: minus' are can't go anywhere to far away,but then who needs too

There are several hotels that are much cheaper (i.e. Holiday Inn, etc.) by the Seattle Center than the hotels downtown. The Seattle Center is about a 15 to 20 minute walk or a 10 minute bus ride away from where the con will be. Hope that helps.

Well that sucked. VIP passes went live today, and sold out in between my refreshes on the screen. Sounds like this year they'll only have one pass at selling them. Now I just need to decide when I buy the 3 day pass vs. waiting on buying VIP passes online. I honestly wasn't 100% committed to the VIP as I'll only be doing a couple of celebrity opps, but the main thing for me was getting into the building before the masses, once I'd committed to buying it, now it's a let down to not get it.

Don't suppose anyone here has a spare VIP pass?