• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con, March 28-30, 2014, Seatlle, WA.

322 posts in this topic

Well that sucked. VIP passes went live today, and sold out in between my refreshes on the screen. Sounds like this year they'll only have one pass at selling them. Now I just need to decide when I buy the 3 day pass vs. waiting on buying VIP passes online. I honestly wasn't 100% committed to the VIP as I'll only be doing a couple of celebrity opps, but the main thing for me was getting into the building before the masses, once I'd committed to buying it, now it's a let down to not get it.

Don't suppose anyone here has a spare VIP pass?

What? I have yet to see these for sale? They sold VIP tickets about every month last year up until the show but they've been very secretive about them this year.

Well that sucked. VIP passes went live today, and sold out in between my refreshes on the screen. Sounds like this year they'll only have one pass at selling them. Now I just need to decide when I buy the 3 day pass vs. waiting on buying VIP passes online. I honestly wasn't 100% committed to the VIP as I'll only be doing a couple of celebrity opps, but the main thing for me was getting into the building before the masses, once I'd committed to buying it, now it's a let down to not get it.

What? I have yet to see these for sale? They sold VIP tickets about every month last year up until the show but they've been very secretive about them this year.

Check their website - they went up for sale one time only today at 1 PDT, according to their facebook page this was a one time shot in place of the monthly sales from last year. I was on the site at 12:58 and refreshed the page constantly, it went from no mention of VIP to sold out instantly. Apparently there were only something like 150 available, and at least that many people timed their refresh better than I. :mad:

Check their website - they went up for sale one time only today at 1 PDT, according to their facebook page this was a one time shot in place of the monthly sales from last year. I was on the site at 12:58 and refreshed the page constantly, it went from no mention of VIP to sold out instantly. Apparently there were only something like 150 available, and at least that many people timed their refresh better than I. :mad:

If you had VIP tickets from the year before they sent you an email and let you have the whole month to decide if you wanted to buy them again plus an option to buy VIP tickets for others that had not been VIP previously. That's most likley why they sold out so quickly.

If you had VIP tickets from the year before they sent you an email and let you have the whole month to decide if you wanted to buy them again plus an option to buy VIP tickets for others that had not been VIP previously. That's most likley why they sold out so quickly.

I'm one of the "legacy" VIP from the previous 2 years. We're given the option to purchase the VIP passes for 1 month, with the max of 2 VIP passes. We were given a redemption code to put in at checkout and it only allowed you to purchase the same # of VIP passes from the previous year. Those who only purchased one had to contact the VIP coordinator to try and purchase a 2nd VIP pass. Once all the legacy VIP #'s are counted for then they release the remaining VIP passes out...again at a max of 2 VIP passes.

I bought my ECCC tickets on my phone while I was physical standing in line waiting for the doors for PAX Prime to open. This will be my first comic con of any kind. I am flying down from Alaska to attend and I am very excited. I am a huge G1 Transformers fan and hoping I will find something.

I bought my ECCC tickets on my phone while I was physical standing in line waiting for the doors for PAX Prime to open. This will be my first comic con of any kind. I am flying down from Alaska to attend and I am very excited. I am a huge G1 Transformers fan and hoping I will find something.

I enjoyed reading a few of your reviews and you're obviously a die hard Transformers fan. ECCC is a great show, where I'm pretty sure you'll find a few more books than in Juneau. lol The PAX video was pretty cool as well and my son has been really bugging me about getting the Oculus Rift.

I enjoyed reading a few of your reviews and you're obviously a die hard Transformers fan. ECCC is a great show, where I'm pretty sure you'll find a few more books than in Juneau. lol The PAX video was pretty cool as well and my son has been really bugging me about getting the Oculus Rift.

Wow, thanks! I am always surprised to hear when someone actually checks out my site and likes it. So thank you for that. You just made my whole day!

I am sure you are right about being able to find more Transformers books at ECCC. I am just so excited. As helpful as ebay can be, I just want to be around comics and check them out before I buy them for a change. Maybe I will get lucky and they will still announce a big name in the Transformers comic world for ECCC. Who knows.

Demoing the Oculus Rift was really cool. Its also backed by a lot of big names in the gaming industry. But, I recently learned of a kickstarter for a project called Cast:AR. I recommend you check it out before dropping any money on the Oculus Rift. At first look, the Cast:AR is a huge game changer.

Might think in going to Seattle for a whole day to attend this Con there. It's only 2 and half hours drive from the border. I see a few artists on list I wanna meet (and if possible get signutres!) :grin:

That would be my 1st time for Seattle Comic Con. I had been to San Deigo, Vancouver, Calgary and couple other cons.

Joeypost, Are you going to be doing your book magic @ Eccc?

Not this year. It is too much work getting equipment across the country.

I will be happy to review a few books if anyone has a book they would like me to look at.

I got a question you all might be able to help me with. I am flying down from Alaska to go to ECCC. How would you all suggest carrying comics around the show floor that you want to get signed so they don't get damage? How would you go about doing that?

I got a question you all might be able to help me with. I am flying down from Alaska to go to ECCC. How would you all suggest carrying comics around the show floor that you want to get signed so they don't get damage? How would you go about doing that?

I take a bag similar to a computer bag with a box that I can easily get books in and out of. I've also seen back packs, brief cases and of course the die hard with a short box attached to a luggage dolly. I guess it really depends on how many books you're taking.

I will be happy to review a few books if anyone has a book they would like me to look at.

I have a press collecting dust in my garage I could bring since I'll be driving up. :baiting:

why does the east coast get to have all the fun :cry: