• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your new Modern OA here!
3 3

1,483 posts in this topic

how do I know or find out?
Ask the artist or agent. (shrug)

This. Or if you have a specific question about the process, ask in the Original Art forum - lots of guys knowledgable about the process plus some creators occasionally chime in.

Yeah, you need to talk to the inker or penciler.

Is it blue pencil or a copy of the pencils in blue?

If it's blue pencil then obviously it's pencils underneath, if you can't tell, ask the inker.

It might be over blue line, which means the pencils exist on a seperate board, and this is a photo-copy of the original pencils

how do I know or find out?
Ask the artist or agent. (shrug)

This. Or if you have a specific question about the process, ask in the Original Art forum - lots of guys knowledgable about the process plus some creators occasionally chime in.

Those are some mighty fine ideas...cept the one where you say I should contact the agent....you do know that agent coulson is not a real person...right

lol - the artist's agent, not Agent Coulson

Pete's right - you should find out if original pencils exists or if it was penciled/inked on a single board.

hard to do but I keep comming back to...

Why use blue pencil if your just going to copy it and then pen it?

Blue is used cause it doesn't show up on some copies right?

Or are they just so used to using blue...