• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's so special with DD #195 ???

15 posts in this topic

The seller IS INVESTMENT Collectibles... so it MUST be a wise and saavy purchase. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

BTW... one of my buying maxims... "Never Buy from a Dealer That Has "Investment" in their name" gossip.gif I prefer not to overpay and/or compete with speculators seeking to "invest" in common books, thank you. 893frustrated.gif

As Tom Waits said, "There's a sucker born every minute. You just happened to come along at the right time."

Obviously a case of buying the label and not the book.

The seller IS INVESTMENT Collectibles... so it MUST be a wise and saavy purchase. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

BTW... one of my buying maxims... "Never Buy from a Dealer That Has "Investment" in their name" gossip.gif I prefer not to overpay and/or compete with speculators seeking to "invest" in common books, thank you. 893frustrated.gif

In this case you would be missing out on some great books and sometimes some great bargains. COMGEEK is one of the best................and he looks after his customers.

Agreed. It's a really sweet copy, and if you've got the cash and don't want to play the guessing game of subbing one yourself then more power to ya!

The comment wasn't about the DD. The comment was relating to buying from people with investment in their title......I stand by what I say.........

Oh and by the way......which one of you guys wouldn't want to get this amount of money for this book 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

two years ago when the miller DD's in high CGC grade were coming on eBay, prices were nuts for 9.6 and higher copies. i'm saying like over $150 for the DD 170 and up. it's all about timing and YES! i'd love to get these prices for common books.