• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whose got the best copy on the boards?

1,179 posts in this topic

Kinda weird. The census seems to indicate there are no slabbed copies of this one, but ...

RADE64752013128_125222_zpsfae52013.jpg

Might be a confusion with the numbering. Great cover though!

Could be, although they do have entries for some of the surrounding issues. hm

Found it. They have two different entries, one partial and one complete--a mistake, presumably. In any event, there are two 7.0s above this one (as well as a green label 9.0).

hard to believe, but a census topper.

mmen7.jpg

Fantastic book, so rare. Just thinking - hasn't JB got the Church copy? And what would his collection do to the census if ever third party graded?

Indeed my Church copies have not seen the light of grading. I have had the Mystery Men run (with three missing) for about 16 years plus...jb

134975.jpg.bd0264bf8b7f63f8a75868bddc9d5958.jpg

hard to believe, but a census topper.

mmen7.jpg

Fantastic book, so rare. Just thinking - hasn't JB got the Church copy? And what would his collection do to the census if ever third party graded?

Indeed my Church copies have not seen the light of grading. I have had the Mystery Men run (with three missing) for about 16 years plus...jb

Thanks Jon - I thought I recalled you'd shown us this and it is a wonder to behold - as is Billy's copy. The situation is a bit like Catman #15. Between my copy and the Church highest graded there is a huge grading difference, yet mine is the second highest. With the respective Mile Highs of both books effectively tied up (your MM certainly, I assume the Catman as well), then Billy's MM and my Catman are as good as it gets. Come to think of it I cant recall you showing any Catmans. Maybe my memory is faulty?

Here's another romance book very tough in high grade

RomantivHeartsV29-1.jpg

RomanticHearts9.jpg

..and this isn't top census, though close to, and pretty scarce. I'd love to see a nicer one if anyone has one.

Super-MysteryComicsV63CGC80Ohiopedigree.jpg

SuperMysteryv6_3_zps7c9d0a3e.jpg

I can not believe this is the highest CGC out there

15_zps44df815b.jpg

still mad at russ about this one :mad:

mad huh? Call it payback for a certain 15 I don't have. :sumo:

Dont forget me!!

'Cos then there was the T5 - and you spurned my offer for a lousy Bats #1!

And to get the "certain #15" GAtor made me buy the entire set of Catmans! Then he sold me the T5 anyway! So who's mad at who? Huh? Huh? Hmm I think I lost my way there somewhere. I'm not mad at anybody - really!