• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you ever sold a comic you regret selling?

71 posts in this topic

Obviously she either wanted to keep the stuff, or she sold it or gave it away and didn't want to deal with telling me. Lesson learned: People are flakes and NEVER loan out anything you care about.

A keeper of a quote. It'll never mean as much to them as it does to you, nor will they understand why it needs to be kept in the condition it was borrowed in. Lent out stuff quite a few times over the years, never got it back. Lesson (finally) learned...

My biggest one would be a Captain America Comics #1, which I sold shortly after joining the boards to Gator for like 12k or something like that... It's now nearly impossible to find one like it,and it's also worth about 30k.

But I could go on and on and on with similar stories. So could many others. Name of the game.

I remember that transaction...

Sold some high grade Atlases and Fiction Houses in recent years, mainly to other boardies. Either the prices were far too low or the books subsequently went through the roof.

Live and learn...in the end it is only stuff. Gotta repeat that mantra... :cry:

Bought a Walking Dead 1-3 9.8 for $450, sold them for $750 and thought i had made out...

Both of the comics I sold on the boards this weekend, the X-Men 4 and Strange Tales 97, I didn't want to sell but I need to refocus myself.

My biggest one would be a Captain America Comics #1, which I sold shortly after joining the boards to Gator for like 12k or something like that... It's now nearly impossible to find one like it,and it's also worth about 30k.

But I could go on and on and on with similar stories. So could many others. Name of the game.

I remember that transaction...

Sold some high grade Atlases and Fiction Houses in recent years, mainly to other boardies. Either the prices were far too low or the books subsequently went through the roof.

Live and learn...in the end it is only stuff. Gotta repeat that mantra... :cry:

Ain't that the truth.

Only book I regreted selling was my FF 5 6.5 ow/w bought it raw and graded out + 1K over my purchase price..I sold it on the boards when i was chasing a AF15..Bought the FF 5 back only book I regreted selling.

I partially funded the Af 15 with that book which i have since sold and have no regrets..Can't eat a comic or pay bills with a CGC slab.

Can always make more money and replace books

I sold Hulk 181 for $3 at my first convention. I bought it for $1 at the same convention. That was in 1981.

Stupid dealers - my profit margin was incredible.

Could always sell that Crusaders 1 and tell stories for years how much ya miss it.

:whistle:

I'm sure there are tons of stories out there. Whether it be you had to sell for quick cash, sold too early. I want to hear about the comics you wish you never sold.

Every. Single. One. :grin:

I sold Hulk 181 for $3 at my first convention. I bought it for $1 at the same convention. That was in 1981.

Stupid dealers - my profit margin was incredible.

Could always sell that Crusaders 1 and tell stories for years how much ya miss it.

:whistle:

Nick, you and I are probably the only two people who appreciate that book :o

Mike Zeck Original Art pages from Captain America. I had access to and had purchased a lot. I should have saved something for myself. Instead I bought them for quick sales and gave them away as gifts.

What did I pay for page? $25

I sold three long boxes of late 70s-mid 80s Marvels, all of which had gone straight from the rack into polybags, for 10 cents per book to a local comic shop circa 1994. It was tough to find buyers for anything in the pre-E-Bay, pre-CGC days, and by that time I was no longer interested in modern books. Still, if I had held 5 years and then slabbed them, I could have gotten several thousand for the collection.

Like most I regret selling some including Hulk 181, ASM 129 and a few rare but less expensive books. My two biggest regret was selling a complete Valiant run for $200...yep $200 and my TMNT run to someone on here #1 was second print but issue 2 on were all 1st print.

Yes - I have one..

Sold a TMNT #1 first print for $700 (had some stains, creases, etc) made a few hundred on it but I MISS it!! and IDK if I will ever see one again :(

IMG_1230_zpse9cee19a.jpg

IMG_1241_zps5a2a437c.jpg

IMG_1242_zps39cc0b72.jpg