• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you ever sold a comic you regret selling?

71 posts in this topic

I have sold plenty "too early" and didn't get to capitalize on movie and TV show hype. The one that I really missed having in my collection after it was gone was a CGC 9.2 Green Lantern #76. I sold it to Jamie Graham at a show years ago for a modest profit, but it immediately left a gaping void in my soul. I bought another one off eBay a few months later and still treasure that book in my collection today.

My regrets; FF 42 in 9.2, FF 55 in 9.2, Spidey 10 in 8.5 and a raw 8.5-9.0 House Of Secrets 92. I only paid $25-30 each for the two FF's back in the mid/late 90's, made decent profit, but do regret it.

Replaced the HoS 92, but not as nice as my 1st copy.

Looking back, only have one book that I wish I had back. But, as others have said, it's just "stuff". And it was a BA Spidey, so it's easiy replaced. Wasn't OO, so it's just a matter of "want to" and dollars. I'll get another copy at some point.

I've never gotten rid of any Hard to Replace books. My 2 favs are my Perfect Crime #18 (htf in any grade) and my Hansi #1 (CGC 9.6).

95% of comics you buy are replaceable. I don't have any regrets of some of the comics that have come through my hands.

DareDevil #1 9.2

FF #4 9.0

Hulk #4 9.2

Journey Into Mystery #85 9.0

Amazing Spider-Man #14 9.4

Amazing Spider-Man #300 Chrome Cover 9.9

Every comic I've sold is easily replaceable, so I really don't regret selling any of it. It's just a matter of money.

I do regret selling my case fresh MISB MASK collection and my Filmation's Ghostbusters headquarters MIB. Not easy to replace those...

Hulk 180 and 181 for a crappy full run of McFarlane books in '92 (missing 300) arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

oh lemme see....

25-30 copies of saga 1 at various price levels from $5 each to $30 each

FF 48, ASM 300, Iron Man 1, TOS 39 and Silver Surfer 1 all about 1 year before their respective movie hype peaks

9.9 condition copies of WD 9 and 10 for $3 each or so

multiple lower grade copies of TOS 52 for 50-60% guide or thereabouts