• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you ever sold a comic you regret selling?

71 posts in this topic

[font:Book Antiqua]I am sure a couple of Idi0ts are going to posts

something like:

“Use the search button”

“This thread has been posted before”

never mind....

The answer is yes...[/font]

:sorry:

I regret moving into a roommate situation, where the roommate decided to "borrow" a long box of comics for the week while she stayed at her "girlfriend"'s house. Only to find that at the end of the week the house was in immediate foreclosure at the end of the week. And her cellphone number suddenly stopped working. Makes be wonder what the hell she did with my half of the rent for the previous months leading up to this.

Anyways never heard from her again, therefore never saw my longbox of comics again. It had plenty of late silver early copper ASM's and Uncanny X-men in it :(

I regret moving into a roommate situation, where the roommate decided to "borrow" a long box of comics for the week while she stayed at her "girlfriend"'s house. Only to find that at the end of the week the house was in immediate foreclosure at the end of the week. And her cellphone number suddenly stopped working. Makes be wonder what the hell she did with my half of the rent for the previous months leading up to this.

Anyways never heard from her again, therefore never saw my longbox of comics again. It had plenty of late silver early copper ASM's and Uncanny X-men in it :(

Facepalm: yeah, girls always read comics when they stay over their friend's house :\

I regret selling the collection that me and my dad had taken over thirty years to collect. I was a poor student and needed the money.

What I regret more is selling it to Darryl at silver acre.

I sold my entire collection back in in '80-'81. This included many BA keys, i.e. Hulk 180-182, X-men GS 1, 94 up, Conan 1, Miller DDs, Vampirellas, etc.. About 2200+ books so way it's too many titles to list. What I regret the most is that I sold them to a sleaze bag of a comic shop owner who took forever to pay me back, but what I really hate about it is that I wounded working for him in the shop later after getting out of the hobby.

My only regret is selling off stuff too cheaply.

Wish I still had my 9.0 IM 55

Had an Iron Fist 15 that, with a press, should have been a slam dunk 9.8

Graded my Batman 251 at 8.5/9.0, sold it on the boards and then the buyer got it slabbed at 9.6 :facepalm:

Now, keep in mind that I sold those books for more than I paid. They had all been in my collection for many years and had been purchased cheaply. However, I could have done so much better.

Ah well, live and learn

I used to have some regrets, but not any more. The best decision to unload was my Cerebus collection - pretty much sold that at the peak.

I tried to reread the series before I sold it, and it was like trying to read Mad Magazines from my childhood - terrible :sick:

My only regret is selling off stuff too cheaply.

Wish I still had my 9.0 IM 55

Had an Iron Fist 15 that, with a press, should have been a slam dunk 9.8

Graded my Batman 251 at 8.5/9.0, sold it on the boards and then the buyer got it slabbed at 9.6 :facepalm:

Now, keep in mind that I sold those books for more than I paid. They had all been in my collection for many years and had been purchased cheaply. However, I could have done so much better.

Ah well, live and learn

I'm pretty much the same. I don't regret selling a book as much as selling it too early.

In this type of thread, the 'sold my first collection for a pittance, being a bit short of cash before I went to college' post is all too common. I'm in this group.

Also, sold to someone I ended up detesting.

. I don't regret selling any books. Ever. It's just stuff.

As I get older, I'm definitely embracing this attitude more.

+1

Fair point. The regret now is more to whom I sold rather than what I sold.

I regret selling my Walking Dead #1 for $400 off the hype before the show hit. My thinking was sure it could go up, but if the show flops it will definitely go down. Oh well, I paid cover price for it, so it's silly to regret it.