• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller kellyssuperheroes?
11 11

1,105 posts in this topic

I picked up my first ever copy of Dazzler 1 for 20 bucks at a local dealers garage

I was ecstatic about it because I thought it was a good find

Until someone pointed out it was the highest printed book of that year, by quite a bit lol

It's so lame, even my wife doesn't want it :(

On 11/2/2021 at 8:53 AM, Dr. Dank said:

I picked up my first ever copy of Dazzler 1 for 20 bucks at a local dealers garage

I was ecstatic about it because I thought it was a good find

Until someone pointed out it was the highest printed book of that year, by quite a bit lol

It's so lame, even my wife doesn't want it :(

Works well to light the ole fireplace, or when you run out of toilet paper hm

On 11/2/2021 at 11:30 AM, shadroch said:

If buying a GA key off you thirty plus years ago qualifies me as one of your better customers, that might explain the broken down palace on Little Neck Parkway you called home for many years.

I love it that there are a significant number of board members that live on Long Island.  We get exactly  where all of  these locations are lol 

I don't really have any past involvement with DD so I don't really care, and I agree nobody should feel forced to prove their identity here.

That being said, I think if I were the accused it would be a lot easier to pick one single boardie you trust and put it to rest. :popcorn:

also posting in what will no doubt either be an epic thread or a vanished thread

On 11/2/2021 at 8:30 AM, shadroch said:

If buying a GA key off you thirty plus years ago qualifies me as one of your better customers, that might explain the broken down palace on Little Neck Parkway you called home for many years.

Deflection. You never said it was 30 years ago, and before you bought, why didn't you do your diligence so you would not be in support of this criminal? How much did you spend on the Marvel 1 you bought from him? Even 30 years ago it was already a multi-tens of thousands of dollars. Do you always spend like that without knowing who's criminal enterprise you're constributing to furthering? When I was showing the Polished Gem crackouts, you were the one defending him to such an extent that your fellow board member had a hard time understanding your sudden 180 degree turn and stand on scammers.  Why the selectivity? 

On 11/2/2021 at 9:16 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I can’t help but wonder why you have zero interest in the busting the big dog?  If crushing scammers is your thing, one would think you’d enjoy taking Danny down.

Just not in person right? Isn't he yoked like a Yeti hm

On 11/2/2021 at 9:16 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I can’t help but wonder why you have zero interest in the busting the big dog?  If crushing scammers is your thing, one would think you’d enjoy taking Danny down.

As stated in this thread. I go by images. I see a raw book and I know if it's been slabbed at one time. There are identifiers in 95% of all cases. Then I look for the prior CGC graded matches. But before I can do that, the images that are the ones I go looking for, prior CGC graded, have got to be defined enough for me to have something tangible to do my looking for matches. I don't get that from KellySH images. I've gone looking before and the lack of clear identiers in his images, other than centering and size make it very difficult, if not impossible to find the CGC matches. 

Plus, in looking at his images, none I've seen bear the telltale identifiers of having been slabbed. I don't know if this is due to them never having been slabbed, or because of photo manipulation. But the identifiers of pre-CGC slabbing in his raw images are just not there, sorry to say, I know that's not what anyone wants to hear. 

Edited by James J Johnson

On 11/2/2021 at 8:46 AM, shadroch said:

Never hit a man when he is down. It's much better to kick him.

Also, not to linger on one issue, but I don't recall reading what the upshot of your Marvel Comics ! purchase was. Was the book OK? Any non-disclosed restoration? Did you buy it as restored? Unrestored? Did you do OK with it? Make any money? You never said if it was a good or raw deal, just asking. Do you mind sharing that info? 

Now I'm not knocking people who do steroids. Your body, do what you want 

But I've always thought guys that do, when they pose like that, they look like a uterus.

Just saying 

Don't twist me into a balloon animal, I'm squishy

On 11/2/2021 at 12:53 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Don't twist me into a balloon animal, I'm squishy

Well now that you've admitted that, I regret to inform you that "squishy" makes the best balloon animals of all, when you get right down to the technical aspect of twisting squishy people into balloon animals. A squishy composition is the material of choice for "people into balloon animal" practitioners. We look specifically for squishy.  hm

On 11/2/2021 at 3:04 PM, Domo Arigato said:

This, @James J Johnson.

If you had just acknowledged my initial post on the scenario in this thread and stopped trying to so vigorously defend KSH........nobody would have been the wiser to you.  But the more you tried to defend yourself......the more your telltale traits showed. 

You had been here so long, it was hard for me to believe.....but now I'm positive.  After reading all of your posts in this thread, it's so clearly obvious now to those that remember.  

Every time someone brings up the possibility of someone vouching for you, you seem to gloss over it.  So, after four years, nobody really knows who you are?  Nobody can vouch for you?  Nobody has sold you a book or bought one from you in here?  Nobody?  

I'm not the most active social butterfly in here.....but even I have people that can vouch for who I am..  They may not have anything good to say about me.......but they can certainly verify that I am not Hammer. lol

And, as mentioned above, no one is saying you have to leave the boards.....at least, from what I've seen, nobody has even so much as suggested that.  It just comforting to know that you're still in here plugging away, Danny.  It warms my nostalgic heart. :cloud9:

Oh my God, are you still on this? Tell you what, let's make our plans now for ThanksShilling. As long as I'm not the turkey, what do we have planned here that can top Halloween? :wishluck:

On 11/2/2021 at 3:06 PM, James J Johnson said:

Well now that you've admitted that, I regret to inform you that "squishy" makes the best balloon animals of all, when you get right down to the technical aspect of twisting squishy people into balloon animals. A squishy composition is the material of choice for "people into balloon animal" practitioners. We look specifically for squishy.  hm

Well, if you can pick me up to be able to give it a go, I suppose I'd have to concede