• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller kellyssuperheroes?
11 11

1,105 posts in this topic

On 11/3/2021 at 12:41 PM, 500Club said:

Wasn’t a hunt.  JJJ started riding a broom around in a cape, black pointy hat, hook nose and dared us to look. lol

In all seriousness, your attitude is the same as a lot of us had early on with the Jason Ewert/FF 3 affair.  ‘It can’t be Ewert, he’s a well known and respected member of the hobby.  No way he trimmed that book.’  As the board detectives dug further, though, it turned into: ‘Holy :censored:, it was Ewert! :whatthe:

Y'all won me over.

Seriously, I thought at first there was some ghost chasing going on.  BUT... history has taught me that some people cannot get enough of a place and return even when no one wants them around anymore... so... yeah... totally buying into the idea that JJJ is DD.

Edited by Buzzetta

I admired JJJ for years.  I'm not really sure how I feel now.  For me it was when someone PMd me to ask him what he thought of Cupcak.  They said no way will he say anything bad about Cupack because he is Cupcak and he just cant do it.  I said naw.  But thats exactly what happened.  Then the thing with the pics-sure a pic wouldnt necessarily prove anything but not posting a pic in my opinion did.  

On 11/3/2021 at 12:29 PM, universal soldier said:

I can't image wanting to buy from a place where (most of the time) you can get the same book at a reduced cost as the reputable sellers pass the fee savings on to the buyer. That's crazy talk.

Buying from or selling through Heritage, Link, Connect is crazy? I've had nothing but great experiences. And between those three alone, the selection and service is unequaled, IMHO. 

On 11/3/2021 at 1:51 PM, kav said:

I admired JJJ for years.  I'm not really sure how I feel now.  For me it was when someone PMd me to ask him what he thought of Cupcak.  They said no way will he say anything bad about Cupack because he is Cupcak and he just cant do it.  I said naw.  But thats exactly what happened.  Then the thing with the pics-sure a pic wouldnt necessarily prove anything but not posting a pic in my opinion did.  

That is so odd. I just reviewed all of our PMs since Halloween. I can't find a single one where you asked me what I thought of Cupcak, Cupack, or whatever spelling you want to use to refer to the seller KellySH. Not a one. Can I copy and paste all of our messages in the name of transparency, in chronological order? Or is that against board guidelines, I'm not sure on that issue? 

Or you can post my response to your question of my opinion of this seller if it indeed exists as you say it does. Be nice to have a chance to review because it's not in my PMs and I don't erase any. 

Edited by James J Johnson

On 11/3/2021 at 2:24 PM, James J Johnson said:

That is so odd. I just reviewed all of our PMs since Halloween. I can't find a single one where you asked me what I thought of Cupcak, Cupack, or whatever spelling you want to use to refer to the seller KellySH. Not a one. Can I copy and paste all of our messages in the name of transparency, in chronological order? Or is that against board guidelines, I'm not sure on that issue? 

Or you can post my response to your question of my opinion of this seller if it indeed exists as you say it does. Be nice to have a chance to review because it's not in my PMs and I don't erase any. 

here in this thread I asked you what do you think of him.

On 11/3/2021 at 12:41 PM, 500Club said:

Wasn’t a hunt.  JJJ started riding a broom around in a cape, black pointy hat, hook nose and dared us to look. lol

BTW... like these paddleboarding witches seen in Amityville? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVtyoy8jB8b/

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 5.37.28 PM.png

On 11/3/2021 at 2:31 PM, shadroch said:

Did Kav mention PMing you? Not that I see. As I said, you best move is to slink away and return under yet another shill id in a few months.

But we all know you won't do that. Your ego won't let you.  

The ego of being right? And that Marvel Comics 1? Still can't believe it. But I couldn't know about that unless I'm KellySH, even though you mentioned it on the forum before I knew about it. (tsk)

On 11/3/2021 at 2:35 PM, James J Johnson said:

And what did I answer? Long thread. Lots of posts. Losing battle, just like KellySH said it would be. Please post my answer, you must know where it is if you questioned me about it. 

You beated around the bush:
https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/280547-ebay-seller-kellyssuperheroes/page/18/?tab=comments#comment-12036319

I had thought you would easily excoriate him as his hijinx were well known.  Very surpised when you didnt.  The person who PM'd me to ask that question and said you would never call him a doosh was right.  this surprised me.

On 11/3/2021 at 2:30 PM, kav said:

here in this thread I asked you what do you think of him.

On 11/3/2021 at 2:39 PM, kav said:

My answer. Addressing the autographs, since that is what we were discussing when you asked. His level of expertise at forgeries:

"I think if he was an autograph expert, he wouldn't have been arrested for forgeries. How bad at it did he have to be? How obvious to get arrested when guys like Tonfulle have been selling tens of thousands of dollars of horrific forgeries continuously, right out in the open on ebay, year after year?"

Matt and I were discussing forgeries and you interjected, "What do I think of him" immediately after a series of posts about authentic and inauthentic autographs. I thought we were still discussing that.   

On 11/3/2021 at 2:41 PM, kav said:

I had thought you would easily excoriate him as his hijinx were well known.  Very surpised when you didnt.  The person who PM'd me to ask that question and said you would never call him a doosh was right.  this surprised me.

My answer. Addressing the autographs, since that is what we were discussing when you asked. His level of expertise at forgeries:

"I think if he was an autograph expert, he wouldn't have been arrested for forgeries. How bad at it did he have to be? How obvious to get arrested when guys like Tonfulle have been selling tens of thousands of dollars of horrific forgeries continuously, right out in the open on ebay, year after year?"

Matt and I were discussing forgeries and you interjected, "What do I think of him" immediately after a series of posts about authentic and inauthentic autographs. I thought we were still discussing that.

On 11/3/2021 at 2:49 PM, James J Johnson said:

Let me put it this way-you hate forgers.  He's a known forger.  I would expect you to say screw that guy not 'well I dont see anything wrong with his current listings'.
If Tonfulle had some listings that looked legit to you would you defend him?
Surely you see the optics on this.

On 11/3/2021 at 2:52 PM, kav said:

Let me put it this way-you hate forgers.  He's a known forger.  I would expect you to say screw that guy not 'well I dont see anything wrong with his current listings'.
If Tonfulle had some listings that looked legit to you would you defend him?
Surely you see the optics on this.

We were discussing his ebay signatures. "Look at how bad these are" someone said. I said nothing. Then, later I mentioned that it's disappointing that I can't even say that these are all good, which they are, IMO, I collect HOF sports signatures. Never made a secret of calling myslef an autograph hound, did I.

So I should jump on the bandwagon and say, Look at these forgeries this fiend is selling. I hope he dies 1000 deaths", when IMO they are not forgeries? C'mon. 

On 11/3/2021 at 3:48 PM, Buzzetta said:

Y'all won me over.

Seriously, I thought at first there was some ghost chasing going on.  BUT... history has taught me that some people cannot get enough of a place and return even when no one wants them around anymore... so... yeah... totally buying into the idea that JJJ is DD.

Well, now that you're on board, my mind has totally been changed.

On 11/3/2021 at 3:01 PM, James J Johnson said:

We were discussing his ebay signatures. "Look at how bad these are" someone said. I said nothing. Then, later I mentioned that it's disappointing that I can't even say that these are all good, which they are, IMO, I collect HOF sports signatures. Never made a secret of calling myslef an autograph hound, did I.

So I should jump on the bandwagon and say, Look at these forgeries this fiend is selling. I hope he dies 1000 deaths", when IMO they are not forgeries? C'mon. 

Solet me ask you again-what do you think of danny cupcak as a person?

On 11/3/2021 at 3:02 PM, kav said:

Solet me ask you again-what do you think of danny cupcak as a person?

I don't know him as a person. .So I ask again. What would you like me to say? Should I improvise. This makes no sense at all. You want my personal opinion about someone I don't know? And this isn't the least bit bizarre?