• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller kellyssuperheroes?
11 11

1,105 posts in this topic

On 11/3/2021 at 7:29 PM, James J Johnson said:

How do you know he's not? How do you know that he hasn't been selling through all the major auction houses under aliases for decades? Other names, other addresses, how would they know? Submitting to CGC, PSA, PSA/DNA, etc. through aliases? How do you know where else he may sell other than ebay? How do you know he doesn't just sell comics, but autographs, sportscards, non sportscards, original art and much more? Are we quite sure that ebay seller KellySH is his only resource to sell? 

Man this post is really not helping.

On 11/3/2021 at 4:42 PM, 500Club said:

It was strange to us in 2005 when Robojo sold ‘9.8’ and ‘9.9’ keys on eBay, but didn’t deal in or use CGC.

We’ve seen this movie before.

But whatever the movie is, if it's made in 2005 I'm not part of that cast. I joined in 2017. Am I really expected to be up on threads 12 years removed? I should hope not. I can count the times I've used the search engine on one hand, and up until this past week, not at all. 

On 11/3/2021 at 7:36 PM, James J Johnson said:

Nobody else thinks of these things? That's the first thing that came to my mind when I read "He could have been the champ". My first thought, "How does he know that he isn't?"

Not really-we all thought his wings were clipped.  But laying it all like that it sounded like-well.......

On 11/3/2021 at 7:38 PM, James J Johnson said:

Not really. It's ridiculous to think that it's not possible. You don't solve great puzzles by thinking inside the box only. What I wrote is impossible? 

What you think I intoned and what I see as "ego" aren't the same 

Ego and narcissism are not interchangeable 

Dupcak creates facades, and ego drives it

On 11/3/2021 at 6:36 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

If Dupcak's still roided out we may struggle with those. 

How you feeling, JJJ, mate? 

Dude’s pushing what mid 60’s now?

He is gonna struggle with the balloon animal twisting at this point.

On 11/3/2021 at 7:31 PM, kav said:

Man this post is really not helping.

On 11/3/2021 at 7:38 PM, kav said:

Not really-we all thought his wings were clipped.  But laying it all like that it sounded like-well.......

So his can be the only wings selling merchandise? How many years is he in the business? People in business make connections. Associations. It helps when $$$ is involved. Most smart businessmen have a lot of different irons in different fires and share many beds with other businessmen. This is a revelation to all about business? It's not possible that KellyS sells raw on ebay, or ebay and elsewhere, and slabbed through majors? Comics, cards, signed cards, original art, etc., all submitted and sold by aliases through the grading services for that area either in partnership or for commission? Why am I the only one here that is looking through a keyhole? And I have to have a big ego to see what may be the big picture? 

On 11/3/2021 at 7:45 PM, James J Johnson said:

So his can be the only wings selling merchandise? How many years is he in the business? People in business make connections. Associations. It helps when $$$ is involved. Most smart businessmen have a lot of different irons in different fires and share many beds with other businessmen. This is a revelation to all about business? It's not possible that KellyS sells raw on ebay, or ebay and elsewhere, and slabbed through majors? Comics, cards, signed cards, original art, etc., all submitted and sold by aliases through the grading services for that area either in partnership or for commission? Why am I the only one here that is looking through a keyhole? And I have to have a big ego to see what may be the big picture? 

Guess so, if you're Dupcak

On 11/3/2021 at 7:45 PM, James J Johnson said:

Its just the optics of your reply.
"Man Cupcak could have been a big shot"
"How do you know he' not?  And his selling only raws on ebay isnt suspicious-maybe he sells slabs elsewhere-and maybe he-"

You gotta admit it sounds like something Cupcak would say.

On 11/3/2021 at 7:49 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Guess so, if you're Dupcak

So Only if I'm Dupcak. That's the only way I can think that he may have selling resources well beyond simply the ebay ID we know about? I'm actually flabbergasted that nobody else thinks like that here. Do you sell on ebay? If you wanted to sell on ebay, and also every other platform on the net, what would be to stop you from doing just that? 

On 11/3/2021 at 7:53 PM, kav said:

"How do you know he' not?  And his selling only raws on ebay isnt suspicious-maybe he sells slabs elsewhere-and maybe he-"

He said the biggest dealer in the hobby. Not a big shot. But face it. everything I right is seen under the lens of KellySH, "That's exactly what he would say" even if the stretch is an impossible leap. 

Would it be better to turn off half of my brain and say, "Ebay has to be the only place he would sell. I'm sure of it". He couldn't possibly have other resources. It's impossible"? 

On 11/3/2021 at 7:53 PM, James J Johnson said:

So Only if I'm Dupcak. That's the only way I can think that he may have selling resources well beyond simply the ebay ID we know about? I'm actually flabbergasted that nobody else thinks like that here. Do you sell on ebay? If you wanted to sell on ebay, and also every other platform on the net, what would be to stop you from doing just that? 

My last sale on ebay ended with someone claiming a CGC 9.6 book I sold them had been cracked out and replaced with a lower grade because there was no way the received book was 9.6

Whether that person was mistaken because of being misinformed, or trying to scam a return, I stopped using ebay

That's what stops me

Nothing will stop Dupcak because that ego will simply not allow it

On 11/3/2021 at 9:56 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I decided enough is enough and sent a message through Ebay earlier today to kellyssuperheroes.

I asked him point blank if he was James J Johnson on the CGC message boards and he just replied back that he was.

I'm not sure where we go from here......but it feels a little awkward.

:whatthe:

This empowerment thing works, eh?

On 11/3/2021 at 7:56 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I decided enough is enough and sent a message through Ebay earlier today to kellyssuperheroes.

I asked him point blank if he was James J Johnson on the CGC message boards and he just replied back that he was.

I'm not sure where we go from here......but it feels a little awkward.

Good for him. But if I'm supposed to be the KellySH you messaged, I sure didn't get the message or reply to it. And if I'm him, why would I reply and admit it, then come back here and say I never got the message because I'm not KellySH? Logic is a rare commodity here. What a horrible was to test to see my reaction. Like Carl said in Slingblade,"It ain't got no gas in it". 

I don't know what things he would say look or sound like.