• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC blue label with color touch

119 posts in this topic

Just Golden Age. Not Silver.

I think there's an AF #15 with a similar notation? (shrug)

Interesting. I've never seen a blue label SA book with CT.

Neither have I. I assume its an old label?

Yea I was pretty certain I'd seen a Silver Age book with CT. I believe it was indeed a Marvel but I feel like it may have been an FF 1 and not an AF 15....

Yea I was pretty certain I'd seen a Silver Age book with CT. I believe it was indeed a Marvel but I feel like it may have been an FF 1 and not an AF 15....

Or it could have been both? hm

Or it could have been both? hm

Yea could have been.

I was looking through google images to see if one popped up. I found a whole list of someones blue labels with CT designated. They all are Golden Age though.

Isn't one of the reasons CGC gave a pass to some GA books was the fact that some of the Church books got touched up?

Restored is restored. They designate S/M/E, but some get a pass. Makes no sense other than greed lives.

Isn't one of the reasons CGC gave a pass to some GA books was the fact that some of the Church books got touched up?

Restored is restored. They designate S/M/E, but some get a pass. Makes no sense other than greed lives.

Well there must be some happy number of allowance they are going by on it.

I think the bigger issue is that CGC doesn't seem to disclose information like this.

Well there must be some happy number of allowance they are going by on it.

I think the bigger issue is that CGC doesn't seem to disclose information like this.

It is on the label :baiting:

I asked a similar question, over in "ask cgc" about "small" amount of glue on spine. GA book had a blue label, the SA book was a PLOD.

The answer was "at CGC's discretion on GA books". Inconsistance or lenience for one era/book/ or whatever the case may be to warrant such discretion is what gives me concerns about the whole professional third party grading thing.