• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Iron Man 3 Trailer!

61 posts in this topic

Looks good, real good.

I would never had thought that Iron Man would ever catch on like it has. Outside of us geeks, who ever heard of Iron Man? Casting Downey was pure genius. I know this has been said before numerous times, but the Avengers would never happened without the Downey Iron Man catching on like it did.

:applause:

It looks pretty good, until the last scene with the dozens of "Iron-Men".

meh

you never know what the deal is...

Tony supposedly created a mind control device over his armor in IM3

and these Iron Men could be empty husks that create a diversion.

That would be original!

I liked the trailer - my only concern is with the numerous Iron Man suits. Though the villains in the first two were "different," effectively, the only villain we've seen him fight is his own suit, bastardized by one or another person (not counting Avengers, which was great). I really hope this movie doesn't become that same plot - just another guy who turns his own tech against him. It'll be really disappointing if this is simply Starktech v8 beats Starktech v7.

I liked the trailer - my only concern is with the numerous Iron Man suits. Though the villains in the first two were "different," effectively, the only villain we've seen him fight is his own suit, bastardized by one or another person (not counting Avengers, which was great). I really hope this movie doesn't become that same plot - just another guy who turns his own tech against him. It'll be really disappointing if this is simply Starktech v8 beats Starktech v7.

yeah I kind of get that repetitive feeling too...

You really get this idea (that the villain is using his armor against him)

when you see Pepper screaming as she suits up. Why would she be upset

unless she was forced into the suit that would be used against Tony.

Oh well, I'm still seeing it!

meh

That would be original!

What I want is an Ironman movie where the main character is the only Ironman I see. I am sick of multiple suits in every movie. The first worked, the rest....enough already.

What they are doing would be like a Thor sequel that has 3 other guys with helmets capes and Mjolnir hammers named Thore, Thaur and Thour that have similar powers to Thor. :P

meh

That would be original!

What I want is an Ironman movie where the main character is the only Ironman I see. I am sick of multiple suits in every movie. The first worked, the rest....enough already.

What they are doing would be like a Thor sequel that has 3 other guys with helmets capes and Mjolnir hammers named Thore, Thaur and Thour that have similar powers to Thor. :P

I think at worst, we'll see Thor with a new haircut.

meh

That would be original!

I thought it was actually quite smart that they tied in the suit, Stark's business and the enemies all into the same technology.

Having said that, yeah, it's getting long in the tooth.

Reading it on a monthly basis in a comic is one thing. Waiting 3 years for a movie only to see the same idea rehashed can be a little disappointing.

I still think it's going to be good, though. Terrific cast and Marvel has been hitting home runs. I see no reason why this is any different.

meh

That would be original!

I thought it was actually quite smart that they tied in the suit, Stark's business and the enemies all into the same technology.

Having said that, yeah, it's getting long in the tooth.

Reading it on a monthly basis in a comic is one thing. Waiting 3 years for a movie only to see the same idea rehashed can be a little disappointing.

I still think it's going to be good, though. Terrific cast and Marvel has been hitting home runs. I see no reason why this is any different.

I agree, and the first film is brilliant and a work of art. It is argueably the best super-heroe film ever made to me I like it that much.

I now want them to do something different.