• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Continuity

19 posts in this topic

OK.....for some reason unknown to myself, I have been trying to get back into some Marvel titles on a limited, digital basis.

I had hoped that much of the continuity problems of old were solved, but they seem to be worse than ever, on both Marvel and DC

Where does Superior Spider-Man fit into the mainstream Marvel continuity? The other books that have Spidey in them don't even seem to reference the difference in personality or anything.....example is in Age of Ultron and Avengers....it appears to be just the same old Peter Parker in the books.

The whole New 52 thing over at DC is as big a cluster right now. They rebooted the core characters yet again, but not all of them as GL and some others still seem to be trudging right along in their old world, while Batman, Supes and Wonder Woman all have started fresh.

Why doesn't Marvel, and for that matter DC hire a continuity manager? This persons only job would be to interface with the creative teams and maintain the universe continuity.

Does anyone else see a good reason why neither of the big two have done this so far?

Listen I can run off plenty of Image books better than anything Marvel and DC puts out. All DC really has is Snyder and Lemire and nothing else. They carry DC on their backs. Marvel's problem is stale characters. Waid and Bendis gives them a good shot in the arm but we all know they can't stay on those books forever.

Nah...this isnt a licensing issue....this is just pure hattery.

Lets take a book from this week as an example.

All New X-Men #8

ArchAngel and Young Angel are talking during this book. Why does ArchAngel look the same age as Young Angel? I realize this isnt a continuity issue, but a poor drawing and editing issue, but still

Along the same vein, why is Archangel screwing around in the All New X-Men book when he is supposed to be off doing badass things with X-Force?

Same question for the million different things Wolverine is doing....although that has been an ongoing problem for more than twenty years

You didn't hear. Wolverine has a new mutant power. He can be everywhere and in any time all at once. I think Spiderman, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, in fact the whole Marvel universe has the power as well. On top of that, they all have clones. lol

The few Marvel books I still buy seem to be habitual at this point. They always go to the bottom of my stack.

Bat titles are all that are left on my DC pull list. I actually really enjoy those, though. But I am not rational when it comes to Batman.

If you read x-force you would know what happened to angel

bad example

why would someone have to read another book to understand the book they are reading?

With that specific example that he used, you didnt. x-force ended so they put angel into another title

Obviously every single character change isnt going to be reflected in all titles since most creators just want to tell their story.

Usually only matches up in the big picture - Stop trying to connect every little detail like someone cut their finger nails in the last title