• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Best TV Shows that never were

11 posts in this topic

I don't know if anyone caught this show, but it was really funny! As to keep it superhero related, they showed pilots for Generation X and Thor (which I saw) and Daredevil (which I never caught). Did anyone else see the show?

The show was on ABC last night. The Gen X "pilot" was shown on Fox as a 2 hour movie - I didn't think it was that bad. I remember seeing the Thor one and how laughable it was. Daredevil had an all black costume covering his eyes.

I caught most of this show...had some real winners there!! foreheadslap.gif

Another one they mentioned (which I never heard of) was I-Man... about a guy who could heal fast (sound familiar!!??) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I saw that one............Chicago won. thumbsup2.gif

Um...no. Montreal won. Definitely.

BTW, I have the Generation-X movie on tape (I recorded it). I really don't remember anything about it though.

I saw that one............Chicago won. thumbsup2.gif

Um...no. Montreal won. Definitely.

BTW, I have the Generation-X movie on tape (I recorded it). I really don't remember anything about it though.

I was in a Strat-O-Matic league that re-created the 1994 season. We did it as true to the season as possible, with these results:

NL East: Montreal 101-61 (the Expos clinched early and rested starters the last week or so, going 3-9 in their last 12, or the record would have been better)

NL Central: Houston 93-69

NL West: San Francisco 88-74

NL Wild Card: Atlanta 92-70 (Cincinatti finished 91-71)

AL East: New York 98-64

AL Central: Chicago 96-66

AL West: Texas 79-83

AL Wild Card: Cleveland 91-71

Playoffs:

Montreal beat San Francisco 3-1

Atlanta beat Houston 3-2

Montreal beat Atlanta 4-2

New York beat Cleveland 3-2

Chicago beat Texas 3-0

Chicago beat New York 4-2

World Series:

Chicago beat Montreal 4-2

Leaders:

NL batting: Gwynn .402 (exceptionally cool at the end of the re-creation, Gwynn went 10-21 in the last week to get over .400. It would never happen in real life, but it was cool there)

NL HR: Matt Williams 58

NL RBI: Bagwell 148

NL pitching: Ken Hill, Montreal 22-8

AL batting: Belle .360

AL HR: Thomas, Chicago 52

AL RBI: Puckett, Min 145

Pitching: Jimmy Key, NYY 24-5

It was VERY fun to do, and I'd do it again. grin.gif