• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Modern Marvel comic? (Released in the last few months)

44 posts in this topic

I only read/own Image titles. I'm yearning to go back to my childhood and perhaps start reading a new Marvel book with superheroes, spandex, the whole nine yards.

Any suggestions? Preferably a new superhero altogether (if there even is one).

Sidebar question: Do they still make new marvel cards with holograms and everything? If so I'd like some info on that too (tltg).

Hawkeye rocks; perhaps Matt Fraction's best writing. Makes you wonder what he could do for Image.

It's not all hero/spandex stuff. The premise is 'what does Hawkeye do on his days off from the Avengers'. Still plenty of action.

I've heard good things about Thor.

Uncanny Xmen, all new Xmen, x force, cable and the xforce, Thor.

Call me crazy but I get a kick out of superior Spider-Man.

I thought secret avengers was really good also last month but its only 1 issue in. Same with nova and gotg.

All New X Men, I've got Thor but haven't read it yet. Also enjoying the first issues of Morbius and New Avengers.

I don't pick up Superior Spider Man but was chatting with a LCS owner and he said it's very popular.

Titles I hate from marvel now are

Thunderbolts I couldnt stand the art in it. I dropped it this week. Also Xmen legacy is terrible. Dark avengers is poor as well.

Xmen legacy is one of the worst books I've ever read.

Indestructible Hulk is a good read, as is Red She Hulk.

Captain America is just garbage.

All of the Avengers books are a big disappointment. All of the mutant books apart from All New X-Men are terrible.