• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whose got the worst copy on the boards?

133 posts in this topic

I have a single pixel from p.4 of Action Comics #1 I might be willing to trade.

Here's the scan...

Back pixel scan please. :popcorn:

:popcorn:

Sorry, Guys!

I would have scanned it for you, but before I got the chance, I ended up trading it for one of Catrick's staples! I was saving up for a cover pixel... but new roof last year, new van this year... you know how it goes...

I have a single pixel from p.4 of Action Comics #1 I might be willing to trade.

Here's the scan...

Slab it and we'll talk. (thumbs u

Well, I already traded it... but I made the decision not to slab it awhile back. To be totally honest... I wasn't entirely forthcoming about it. If you look closely, you'll notice the pixel has a slight bit of color touch in the upper left corner. And once a pixel gets a purple label, it's a tough sell in the marketplace.

Besides... it just looks better in a mylar!

Cap1.jpg

I was going to post my former cap 1 but I think this is worse. I dont' see anyone topping this.

James G

lol

To make it even better, this is not just ANY crappy copy of Captain Marvel Adventures #1.

If you look closely under his boot you will see what is left of the stamp imprinted by the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York in 1948. This specific comic was used as an exhibit in the copyright lawsuit between DC and Fawcett.

Cap1.jpg

I was going to post my former cap 1 but I think this is worse. I dont' see anyone topping this.

James G

lol

To make it even better, this is not just ANY crappy copy of Captain Marvel Adventures #1.

If you look closely under his boot you will see what is left of the stamp imprinted by the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York in 1948. This specific comic was used as an exhibit in the copyright lawsuit between DC and Fawcett.

Wow, very cool backstory. I guess it got shredded when DC's attorneys got hold of it. :kidaround:

A great comic from a great trial! I'll never forget, after days of wrangling, shouting matches, and fierce drama... at the end it's just Spencer Tracy alone in the courtroom, the lights dimmed. He picks up the trial copy of Captain Marvel #1. Then he picks up the trial copy of Superman #1. He holds them up... one in each hand. He looks from one, then to the other. He weighs them a moment symbolically. Then he smiles... ever so slightly. He takes the Superman and presses it down atop the Captain Marvel in the other hand... the two volumes now together in his palm. He turns, and walks slowly from the room.

That's how I remember it anyway...

Here's a nice looking 1.0:

adventure471.jpg

Wow, what I am missing that this graded as 1.0?? You couldn't ask for a nicer beater copy and it has a date stamp! extra cool.

The spine is very neatly split from the top down to the upper staple (which is still attached to the cover) and up from the bottom to about the middle of the book. The cover is still attached (barely). It looks great in the slab.

Here's a nice looking 1.0:

adventure471.jpg

Wow, what I am missing that this graded as 1.0?? You couldn't ask for a nicer beater copy and it has a date stamp! extra cool.

The spine is very neatly split from the top down to the upper staple (which is still attached to the cover) and up from the bottom to about the middle of the book. The cover is still attached (barely). It looks great in the slab.

Seems like really harsh grading unless there are bc or interior defects.