• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whose got the worst copy on the boards?

133 posts in this topic

Ok, this was never mine, but a metro offering years back--I think it was priced at $500. This must be the worse (best) GA key---anyone own it? lol

Rats eat Bats. At least Battys ears are still present :)

9F1E4324-6601-4CB4-8DF7-7445A382D246-993-0000006434F9CF85_zps259ee10c.jpg

I don't think it was for sale, at least not when I emailed them about it asking for a price.

Ok, this was never mine, but a metro offering years back--I think it was priced at $500. This must be the worse (best) GA key---anyone own it? lol

:cloud9:

perfect pressing and Slabbing candidate

Here's my Action 1...

wood-ashes-00.jpg

I think Sha sold this one a few years ago...

GL1.jpg

You found it! YES! lol..that was it:) You could actually read it, which was remarkable:) I think that's just the picture of the cover, I think I took separate pictures, it was great...you could still smell the smoke)

Some years ago, there was someone who came to the eBay board for advice after finding some old comics in a barn. She had a Hulk 1 that looked kind of like that Det 31 -- well, maybe, a little better. She wasn't sure whether to throw it away or try to list it. As I remember, she listed it and got over $100 for it.

I could see it if someone had a price they were comfortable blowing (say, $20 for me) just to have "a" copy of a classic book. That Detective #31 is a heartbreaker, and I would never want it for itself for $500; but IF I had an otherwise-nice copy of #31, that had had its left hand top corner cover ripped off... I would probably have leapt at the chance to buy it for $500, sent all to Matt and asked him to do his stuff. :)

In otherwords, even though it may appear to be trash can liner, there might just be a good reason to keep it around, if it's a classic book with something useable left to give.

I don't think it was for sale, at least not when I emailed them about it asking for a price.

There is something really disturbing about this image....it makes me uncomfortable. :eek:

Some years ago, there was someone who came to the eBay board for advice after finding some old comics in a barn. She had a Hulk 1 that looked kind of like that Det 31 -- well, maybe, a little better. She wasn't sure whether to throw it away or try to list it. As I remember, she listed it and got over $100 for it.

I could see it if someone had a price they were comfortable blowing (say, $20 for me) just to have "a" copy of a classic book. That Detective #31 is a heartbreaker, and I would never want it for itself for $500; but IF I had an otherwise-nice copy of #31, that had had its left hand top corner cover ripped off... I would probably have leapt at the chance to buy it for $500, sent all to Matt and asked him to do his stuff. :)

In otherwords, even though it may appear to be trash can liner, there might just be a good reason to keep it around, if it's a classic book with something useable left to give.

that would be the key--parts use for restoring a corner, edge piece that was out, or interior panel on outer edge :)

Comicbooks012_zps3a2bcdb8.jpg

Sorry if this image is too big, I am just figuring out how to post images on the boards (finally) with help from Cheeta... Thank you so much! (worship)

So is this a contender?

Yes it is. Its fugly for sho.