• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MiamiComics - Bill Avritch
1 1

49 posts in this topic

hm

Which of our current (and fairly new) members do you think it is?

If I remember right, the terms of his probation were that he was not to have or use

a computer( the judge ordered his confiscated) for a period of no less than 5

years. Also I believe the he has now served out his incarceration, and is "out."

hm

Which of our current (and fairly new) members do you think it is?

If I remember right, the terms of his probation were that he was not to have or use

a computer( the judge ordered his confiscated) for a period of no less than 5

years. Also I believe the he has now served out his incarceration, and is "out."

Yeah, he's definitely out, but I can't remember how far back his release was? 2/3 years, maybe? (shrug)

On 8/18/2004 at 6:34 PM, texasknight said:

I recently sold a nice CGC comic to Bill, and for me it was no problem at all. I was just wondering what everyone is complaining about him for? He was very courteous to me via email, and we even spoke on the phone for a bit discussing our collections and books. I had no problem with Bill, or receiving his payment. I also went back and tried to connect to the links on the old "Miami Comics" thread thats been floating around, and the links to websites discussing him are no longer in action.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Just thought I'd say my peace and let everyone know I had no problems at all with this. Guess its better to judge someone for yourself than to let others judge someone for you.

Amen brother!

On 8/18/2004 at 7:15 PM, Flaming_Telepath said:

Eva Braun reckoned Hitler was a sweetheart...

Actually, that was facetious, but in all honesty, the point holds. You have had a smooth transaction with this man, and I'm glad that you didn't get into the trouble so many other people have. However, it's rather like you meeting a serial killer on a good day....he let you live, but it doesn't stop him being a serial killer.

As with any legal case, it's all about weight of evidence, and the experiences of many, many dealers, and many, many innocent individuals tell the tale that this man is seriously screwed-up.

Just look at the sickening e-mails he sent to people who simply posted on the previous 'miami comics' thread.

Hitler WAS a sweetheart to Eva at least... and well...they let the "serial killer" out and boy was that ever a mistake for society to regret! 

hannibal2_200-192b95b1e3d59f2ddfc7096b4546cc915934a65c-s600-c85.jpg

Edited by bocabill

2 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

Is this really like a ten year old comic book grudge? Longer?  Why not go back 30 years to the guy who sold me this molested rag?

uLXpxEZJSVKHyX2U39qdKQ_thumb_775.jpg.31b98c99f8364fe804d3d1a26230c1da.jpg

Dr Livingstone, I presume?

7 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

When i found out it had a staple replaced i threw it into the garbage...  I hate cheats!

Jack Davis covers are better anyway...

good man.

21 hours ago, porcupine48 said:
On 11/15/2019 at 4:20 AM, Larryw7 said:

Another exciting trip down memory lane.

This is a puzzle that's been dropping pieces here and there the last few days.I'm still confused.

It's possible that bocabill is Bill from Miami Comics? (shrug)

Boca Raton is right above Miami FL.

21 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

This is a puzzle that's been dropping pieces here and there the last few days.I'm still confused.

19 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

It's possible that bocabill is Bill from Miami Comics? (shrug)

Boca Raton is right above Miami FL.

bocabill has been bumping really old threads.  The other day, I saw him bump one from 2004 attacking a boardie.