• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

There have probably been 10 similar films that have failed for every Star Wars.

I'm not saying it can't succeed. I'm just saying that that isn't the way to bet.

There was another film in a similar situation 37 years ago called Star Wars.

:gossip:

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

"You just want to suck the joy out of everything."

Peace,

Chip

:applause:

This looks amazing!

This is what they should have done first, and not those trailers with the terrible music.

Marvel is definitely addressing any late concerns, including making sure potential moviegoers realize this is from that Iron Man-Captain America-Thor-Avengers company. So in the end, if this bombs (I don't think it will), they will have given it their all.

In the words of Marvelfangirl, "I guess we'll see in the future."

(:

Peace,

Chip

This looks amazing!

This is what they should have done first, and not those trailers with the terrible music.

Marvel is definitely addressing any late concerns, including making sure potential moviegoers realize this is from that Iron Man-Captain America-Thor-Avengers company. So in the end, if this bombs (I don't think it will), they will have given it their all.

In the words of Marvelfangirl, "I guess we'll see in the future."

(:

lol

Just saw the new trailer...I think this looks like A LOT of fun. Definitely resonating better with me than the first one.

I have co-workers at work (being the resident comic guy) asking me if I know anything about the" raccoon with the gun" in that movie...I'm telling ya, people are going to check it out.

Funny aside: My manger then asked me why they made a movie with a raccoon and a tree before Wonder Woman...I had to tell her that WW is with DC, and is not a Marvel property lol

Characters no one has heard of, no big stars, and a director that has never made a successful movie.

Above all else, this is what makes this an attractive movie.

PS Bradley Cooper is the biggest male lead in the world right now but you're close enough with the rest.

PSS The best thing about Game of Thrones is its gift to the world of countless new tv/movie stars. Don't you hate seeing the same dumb actors over & over again? Think Affleck.

A band of misfits, thrust by circumstances into the heroes' role? This is basically "Goonies in Space." It can't fail.

Without Sloth, the Goonies fail. :facepalm:

The movie will almost certainly take in more worldwide than the production cost (probably in the first week if it's released at the same time globally), so by that metric it's not going to flop. It's obviously not going to do as well as the more established and well known brands of IM, CA, Thor, or AA nor is it expected to. If you're using those franchises as a measuring stick than sure it's going to flop.

Characters no one has heard of, no big stars, and a director that has never made a successful movie.

Above all else, this is what makes this an attractive movie.

PS Bradley Cooper is the biggest male lead in the world right now but you're close enough with the rest.

PSS The best thing about Game of Thrones is its gift to the world of countless new tv/movie stars. Don't you hate seeing the same dumb actors over & over again? Think Affleck.

A band of misfits, thrust by circumstances into the heroes' role? This is basically "Goonies in Space." It can't fail.

Without Sloth, the Goonies fail. :facepalm:

Sloth -- Jason Voorhees' character design reimagined.

I mean this in no direct disrespect to anyone.

If the movie goes one way then one group will say, "I told you so" and the other will say, "That's because the movie going public has no taste."

It doesn't matter which side says what.

If the movie goes one way then one group will say, "I told you so" and the other will say, "That's because the movie going public has no taste."

What he said!

What a minute....

Peace,

Chip

This looks amazing!

Terrible music? Alright get off the planet!

I thought everyone loved Blue Swede!!

:jokealert:

But it will likely need to take in 2-3 times its production cost to be profitable. The studio only gets about half the domestic box offic, and generally quite a bit less of the foreign box office.

This is a big budget movie. They haven't release numbers, but a production budget of $150 million is the guess I've heard. Add in heavy marketing, and it reaches the point where this movie may need to break $400 million worldwide to be considered a success.

The movie will almost certainly take in more worldwide than the production cost (probably in the first week if it's released at the same time globally), so by that metric it's not going to flop. It's obviously not going to do as well as the more established and well known brands of IM, CA, Thor, or AA nor is it expected to. If you're using those franchises as a measuring stick than sure it's going to flop.

This is a big budget movie. They haven't release numbers, but a production budget of $150 million is the guess I've heard. Add in heavy marketing, and it reaches the point where this movie may need to break $400 million worldwide to be considered a success.

I think this is pretty much guaranteed since it's a Marvel movie and is tied in to that overall narrative. I expect it to do well north of $500 million worldwide.

Peace,

Chip

unless it's Spider-Man 2 because everyone thinks Sony sucks :tongue:

Movie pilot is saying

Richard Rider shows up in the after credit scenes

The rough print of the movie has already been seen so that may very well be true.