• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

I am also hoping that:

Last chance... don't click if you don't want to know. I don't want to hear complaints.

That it is Richard Rider instead of Sam Alexander as Marvel seems to really want to focus on the Sam Alexander character in the comics. If Peter Quill escaped the cancerverse, then it stands to reason that Richard Rider should have been able to as well. Again, I am hoping that they bring in Richard Rider to the cinematic universe.

I am also hoping that:

Last chance... don't click if you don't want to know. I don't want to hear complaints.

That it is Richard Rider instead of Sam Alexander as Marvel seems to really want to focus on the Sam Alexander character in the comics. If Peter Quill escaped the cancerverse, then it stands to reason that Richard Rider should have been able to as well. Again, I am hoping that they bring in Richard Rider to the cinematic universe.

This I agree with.

This is a big budget movie. They haven't release numbers, but a production budget of $150 million is the guess I've heard. Add in heavy marketing, and it reaches the point where this movie may need to break $400 million worldwide to be considered a success.

I think this is pretty much guaranteed since it's a Marvel movie and is tied in to that overall narrative. I expect it to do well north of $500 million worldwide.

Peace,

Chip

Yep, I agree of 500 million worldwide minimum, and it wouldn`t shock me in the least that it does slightly better worldwide box office then ASM2 or X-Men Days of Future Past.

Marvel Comics the brand is actually as big a name as any superhero now.

I just hope it is a good movie.

If it does well, but the movie stinks (*ahem* Transformers 2), who wants that outside the studio? (shrug)

If it does badly, but the movie is good (*ahem* John Carter), I'll blame it on marketing. lol

If it does well, but the movie stinks (*ahem* Transformers 2), who wants that outside the studio? (shrug)

Well I'm thinking at least some of us Marvel fans are also DIS shareholders, so we do care!

I'm also hoping for a great film as it obviously has significant tie ins to MCU and the Avengers series.

As a Disney shareholder my favorite movie of all time is apparently Frozen. (Mind you, I have yet to see it but that matters little.)

Disney's latest movie Maleficent is already up to $440m worldwide box office so GOTG is really a no brainer to reach the same level.

Another thing to keep in mind is the movie is not going up against anything major on its release weekend. And then the biggest movie the prior weekend is Hercules, and the following week is TMNT.

Disney's latest movie Maleficent is already up to $440m worldwide box office so GOTG is really a no brainer to reach the same level.

Another thing to keep in mind is the movie is not going up against anything major on its release weekend. And then the biggest movie the prior weekend is Hercules, and the following week is TMNT.

I have a feeling that Hercules may be very very good.

TMNT will be a cash cow.

I have a feeling that Hercules may be very very good.

TMNT will be a cash cow.

Three "my pick" movie weekends in a row :banana:

Well I'm thinking at least some of us Marvel fans are also DIS shareholders, so we do care!

I'm also hoping for a great film as it obviously has significant tie ins to MCU and the Avengers series.

I'm a Disney shareholder too. All the more reason for me to want it to be a good movie. Good movies generate revenue long past the short time it plays at the movie theater. Bad movies don't.

Movie pilot is saying

Richard Rider shows up in the after credit scenes

The rough print of the movie has already been seen so that may very well be true.

+1

NOVA in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY?

Apparently the after credits scene in this summer's Guardians of the Galaxy will feature the human rocket, Nova. And as far as Dave Gonzalez can find out (he was unable to confirm), the character will be played by Firefly's Nathan Fillion! Which rendition of the character we will see was not specified, but going by his likeness to the comic book counterpart, it would be safe to make the assumption that Fillion will be playing Richard Rider.

NOVA in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY?

Apparently the after credits scene in this summer's Guardians of the Galaxy will feature the human rocket, Nova. And as far as Dave Gonzalez can find out (he was unable to confirm), the character will be played by Firefly's Nathan Fillion! Which rendition of the character we will see was not specified, but going by his likeness to the comic book counterpart, it would be safe to make the assumption that Fillion will be playing Richard Rider.

The FCBD heroclix figure was Nova from the new Guardians of the Galaxy heroclix set series.

No offence Bos, but old news is old.