• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

NOVA in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY?

Apparently the after credits scene in this summer's Guardians of the Galaxy will feature the human rocket, Nova. And as far as Dave Gonzalez can find out (he was unable to confirm), the character will be played by Firefly's Nathan Fillion! Which rendition of the character we will see was not specified, but going by his likeness to the comic book counterpart, it would be safe to make the assumption that Fillion will be playing Richard Rider.

:banana:

Apparently the after credits scene in this summer's Guardians of the Galaxy will feature the human rocket, Nova. And as far as Dave Gonzalez can find out (he was unable to confirm), the character will be played by Firefly's Nathan Fillion! Which rendition of the character we will see was not specified, but going by his likeness to the comic book counterpart, it would be safe to make the assumption that Fillion will be playing Richard Rider.

:applause:

Oh yeah :applause: Perfect fit. If anyone had any doubts about whom is guiding the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe this should put them to rest. Both Whedon and Gunn love Fillion. I think the guy rules. Now all we need is Morena Baccarin to play Spider-Woman and Adam Baldwin to sign on as Giant-Man.

And I still want Rachael McAdams as Wasp...... :luhv:

I like Fillion and I hate to play this card, but I guess they are going to go with a more "seasoned" Richard Rider/Nova as opposed to teenage Richard Rider, would prefer a "younger" hero as Marvel U does not currently have a super powered teen-ager. I think that would be cool element to bring in. However, Fillion, excellent choice.

He should have been Hal Jordan...But nice snag for Marvel if true! Always liked Rich...He back from "the dead" yet???

Nova, Shade the Changing Man, Star Wars, and John Carter Warlord of Mars were some of the earliest #1 issues I remember buying when I was a a kid . I always thought that Nova book was going to be a big one someday and I was right....only 4 decades later... lol

Nova rocks :headbang:

Well, if Rich is in the movie, only a matter of time before he is back in the comics...

Both Annihilation series were fantastic.

Silver Surfer is most likely tied up with the FF rights.

Correct.

Marvel film & TV rights shell game - who owns what?

But Marvel came so close. If not for yanking Daredevil back, which soon enough we will see if that was a solid move.

Nova, Shade the Changing Man, Star Wars, and John Carter Warlord of Mars were some of the earliest #1 issues I remember buying when I was a a kid . I always thought that Nova book was going to be a big one someday and I was right....only 4 decades later... lol

Nova rocks :headbang:

Nova_1_(1976).jpg

300px-Nova_Vol_1_25.jpg

Saw the trailer. This looks good. I am excited to see something Marvel that is not all connected and Avengered up..... Those films rock but its nice to get a different perspective....like the comics with different artists and writers.

Saw the trailer. This looks good. I am excited to see something Marvel that is not all connected and Avengered up..... Those films rock but its nice to get a different perspective....like the comics with different artists and writers.

Then you might not be too happy to hear that Thanos will tie GOTG into future Avengers movies :P

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/kevin-feige-confirms-thanos-ties-future-avengers-movies

Then you might not be too happy to hear that Thanos will tie GOTG into future Avengers movies :P

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/kevin-feige-confirms-thanos-ties-future-avengers-movies

I'm pretty sure the goal is for everyone to come together in Avengers 3 to battle Thanos. I think he might finish assembling 5 gems out of 6 of the Gauntlet during Guardians #2 and it will end much like Empire Strikes Back - on a down note and go straight into Avengers 3 where everyone comes together for a battle royale on Earth where Thanos tries to get the 6th gem.

Sorry Nathan. We love ya anyway!

James Gunn Debunks Claims That Nathan Fillion Will Play 'Nova' In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

James Gunn: The rumors of my pal @NathanFillion playing Nova in #guardiansofthegalaxy have been greatly (and entirely) exaggerated. Sorry, humans.

When Latino-Review reported that the character would indeed be included in the movie earlier this week, they also pointed to Nathan Fillion being a possibility, but cautioned that they couldn't confirm it. Well, director James Gunn has taken to Twitter to reveal that it won't be happening, something which isn't really a huge surprise. After all, Nova is a character who could very easily carry his own movie, so casting the 43 year old Castle star in the role makes pretty much so sense whatsoever.

Can you imagine how many Rocket Raccoon costumes we'll see at Halloween?
Nope, but I can imagine they'll be quite a few Queen Elsa costumes this year. :ohnoez:

They will dwarf anything from GOTG. Perhaps anything comic-related.