• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Some people seem desperate for this movie to 'fail'

And some people are just lemmings. "Marvel says this lame character is so cool, so he must be cool!"

I'll judge the movie when it comes out. And I'll see it despite it having one of the worst comic characters ever starring, Rocket Raccoon. I suspect it will be as good as the rest of the Marvel movies, which have all been entertaining.

Rocket isn't that bad.There are a ton of characters far worse than him.Rocket Racer,Razorback,Speedball.and that's just off the top of my head.

And the worst comic book movie is still better than NO comic book movie.Just be thankful they are making them.

And some people are just lemmings. "Marvel says this lame character is so cool, so he must be cool!"

I'll judge the movie when it comes out. And I'll see it despite it having one of the worst comic characters ever starring, Rocket Raccoon. I suspect it will be as good as the rest of the Marvel movies, which have all been entertaining.

Rocket isn't that bad.There are a ton of characters far worse than him.Rocket Racer,Razorback,Speedball.and that's just off the top of my head.

And the worst comic book movie is still better than NO comic book movie.Just be thankful they are making them.

Leave Speedball out of this!!

lol lol lol

You have to give it to him. When he hates, he hates consistently.

:ohnoez:

It's sad for someone to hate so much.

I hate it when people do that

+1 Million. Even Green Lantern I was thrilled for it and enjoyed it even if I never watch it again. I look fowrard to all the comic book movies . Just happy they are making them and hope there are a few gems among the bad ones.

I'm curious - have either you or Kav read the 2008 GotG comics or the Annihilation: Conquest that preceded it?

No I havent read the comics but hollywood doesnt always follow the comics

I wish you would all stop derailing the ODB thread that Linguini and I were about to discuss. Since that does not seem to happen I will try to contribute toward your conversation.

When I go to the movies, rarely am I looking for intrinsic thought or deep meaning. I am paying to be entertained by watching a movie on a big screen with a superior sound system than that of my TV. This selection of experiences usually involve Tarantino movies, big budget sci-fi and action adventure movies such as the superhero sub-genre. I was entertained by Iron Man 3. I was entertained by all of the Nolan Batman movies even though the Nolan movies suckered me with their underlying socio-political and psychological undertones.

When I want to view thought provoking documentaries or drama I usually watch that at home so I may pay closer attention and not be bothered by someone's cell phone or other people shouting at the screen. That way I can digest what I see and for lack of a better phrasing, experience the experience.

Guardians of the Galaxy is not a movie where the producers are asking you to go out and redefine your lives in the face of our expanding cosmos. They are inviting you to have fun and escape the sucktitude that some people call their lives.

I believe, from what I have seen so far, that Guardians of the Galaxy will deliver on its promise, which is for you to have fun.

I was at a Stan Lee talk on the weekend and he said his cameo in GOTG was great... But I could have sworn he said in an interview before that he wasn't going to have a cameo because he didn't create or know anything about it? :shrug:

No I havent read the comics but hollywood doesnt always follow the comics

Do you read any comics?

I don't eat beets-does that mean I don't eat any foods?