• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

This movie was crazy good-I'll definitely see it again in the theater.

Why?

For me it was a hilarious adventure from start to finish with spectacular fights (hand to hand & spaceships), no wasted/drawn out storyline, quick but effective exposition, great soundtrack, wears its heart on it's sleeve, kevin bacon/footloose, GROOT! and last but not least...HTD Stay after the end credits.

Go see this movie. IMAX if you can-

Why would that be a surprise? Just look at the sample of viewers here talking about going back the next day to go watch the movie again.

Yes, but the general public is a fickle beast.

I know *we're* all cool (well, except greggy)...but the rest of the people out there? meh. :)

Peace,

Chip

This movie was the bomb. Loved it. Even my wife loved it and she is not a comic book movie fan and had not wanted to see any of the others.she loved Rocket and my son loved Rocket. They want Rocket toys , dolls etc. Rocket is going to be huge. The price do hulk 271 will just keep going up warranted or not .again awesome move. Rivals the Avengers.probally better due to having some more heart felt moments with Peter, his mom etc and seeing Thanos. Awesome.

So I'm not going to get that Hulk 271, am I?

I feel your pain. :foryou:

But mine was/is with a 9.4 Marvel Preview #7.

Was outbid this Spring by $15 on one.

I just let it go. Still kicking myself about it. :makepoint:

Thanks, friend.

I would/will be happy with a low-grader to fill the hole in my Hulk collection, as it's an issue I don't happen to have.

At some point I may have to pay up money that means something just to fill a hole I could have done for $1 a few years back, all because someone put that raccoon in a movie. When owning a 'hot' 1st appearance means nothing to me.

:mad:

Just got back from watching it with my daughters. I must admit I went in worried that you all set the bar too high and it wasn't going to be able to meet it. Happily I can say it did. Great film. My 14 year old was saying it was the best movie ever at the end, and this is a girl who seems to watch 2 movies in the theater every week. Looks like Marvel has another hit on their hands.

So I'm not going to get that Hulk 271, am I?

I feel your pain. :foryou:

But mine was/is with a 9.4 Marvel Preview #7.

Was outbid this Spring by $15 on one.

I just let it go. Still kicking myself about it. :makepoint:

Thanks, friend.

I would/will be happy with a low-grader to fill the hole in my Hulk collection, as it's an issue I don't happen to have.

At some point I may have to pay up money that means something just to fill a hole I could have done for $1 a few years back, all because someone put that raccoon in a movie. When owning a 'hot' 1st appearance means nothing to me.

:mad:

Well if you happen to find a NM Marvel Preview #7 -

I will happily trade you my 9.6 #271 and crack away

I plan on going back to see this again. 2 of my friends who saw it said the same thing. I got the feeling this movie can have some legs and not be a 1 week wonder. Incredible that marvel did this with a bunch of B class super heroes. Its a great time to be a comic book fan. But have to add that it was not worth it for the last scene after the credits. Way too short. Would loved to see more of you know who OR something like the end of the Avengers.

As a big fan of Marvels' cosmic comics, this is by far my favorite comic book movie.

The crowd was eating it up and laughed out loud at least 20 times.

LOVED IT! Is it July 28th, 2017 yet?

On a scale of 1 to 10 this film gets a 9. This film is what the Avengers wished it could of been. All the right casting except maybe Vin Diesel not sure you need a guy of his caliber to say five words. Action, storyline, and music was all there good job. Its the first film I want to see in the theaters again in over 10 years.