• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

I can't believe I'm still about 19 hours away from seeing this.... :(

Went to a show in Bristol today and had to keep my headphones on to keep from hearing plot points. Arrrgh.

Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait !

xxx ooo

Rupp

My wife went w/ her friend and they both loved it. My wife is not into comics so that was a plus. I ended up taking my 8 yr old daughter. I have to admit some of the language etc were a bit much, but I knew there would be parts going into it. The certain scene got to my wife and daughter. I talked to my daughter about the movie afterward and she said she loved Groot then Rocket best, same with my wife when asked. In my opinion this was the best Marvel movie to date. It was the perfect blend of sci-fi, humor, and action. I am not saying the characters are deep, but you really care about them by the end of the movie.

On a note about the theater the previews contained a Dracula preview with blood etc in it, I had to shield my daughter's eyes. A parent or two yelled out nice preview for a family film. While Guardians isn't the perfect family film d/t violence, and language the preview did seem out of place.

Second note the a/c in the theater went out (imagine an August Arizona day). The theater offered refunds before the movie started to anyone who wanted to leave and free passes to everyone after the movie. I didn't see anyone leave; sure it got a bit sweaty by the end of the movie, but it was well worth it. I saw it in Imax 3D and and now I get to see it again next weekend for free.

The TMNT preview didn't seem to generate excitement and the two 10-12 year boys sitting next to thought it looked stupid listening to them. I didn't care for it myself.

Very similar experience to your Brian. I took my 10 year old niece. The Dumb and Dumber 2 preview was hilarious, but so completely inappropriate.

I bet her $5 before the show opened that Rocket was going to be her favorite. While the credits were rolling, I handed her the fiver. She said "What's this?" I said, "Rocket's not your favorite, Groot is." She cracked up and said "Yep!!"

As they were rolling in to meet the Collector, she poked me and said - "This is pretty good." And I thought, "More like this is frickin' awesome." :)

I thought the TMNT preview was pretty rubbish as well

Really? You don't think that one slo-mo scene with the turtle hitting the side of the SUV was just a little cool? ;)

Looked dumb to me

Really? You don't think that one slo-mo scene with the turtle hitting the side of the SUV was just a little cool? ;)

Looked dumb to me

I couldn't get past how much their faces bother me. I tried to focus on the trailer, but all I could think was man they sure have ugly faces that are about as ugly as Julia Roberts's lips. Which is why I don't watch films with Julia Roberts.

They haven't deviated that strongly yet.

Possible, I suppose.

Well - at the end of the movie there is a comment which indicates that they will deviate from the comic storyline

They haven't deviated that strongly yet.

Possible, I suppose.

These are lesser known characters without a lot of background to the average person. So they can get away with it. Heck they had Harry to take the place of Norman in the Death of Gwen Stacy storyline for the Amazing Spiderman 2 film.

We don't talk about ASM2 here...

Haha

My wife went w/ her friend and they both loved it. My wife is not into comics so that was a plus. I ended up taking my 8 yr old daughter. I have to admit some of the language etc were a bit much, but I knew there would be parts going into it. The certain scene got to my wife and daughter. I talked to my daughter about the movie afterward and she said she loved Groot then Rocket best, same with my wife when asked. In my opinion this was the best Marvel movie to date. It was the perfect blend of sci-fi, humor, and action. I am not saying the characters are deep, but you really care about them by the end of the movie.

On a note about the theater the previews contained a Dracula preview with blood etc in it, I had to shield my daughter's eyes. A parent or two yelled out nice preview for a family film. While Guardians isn't the perfect family film d/t violence, and language the preview did seem out of place.

Second note the a/c in the theater went out (imagine an August Arizona day). The theater offered refunds before the movie started to anyone who wanted to leave and free passes to everyone after the movie. I didn't see anyone leave; sure it got a bit sweaty by the end of the movie, but it was well worth it. I saw it in Imax 3D and and now I get to see it again next weekend for free.

The TMNT preview didn't seem to generate excitement and the two 10-12 year boys sitting next to thought it looked stupid listening to them. I didn't care for it myself.

Very similar experience to your Brian. I took my 10 year old niece. The Dumb and Dumber 2 preview was hilarious, but so completely inappropriate.

I bet her $5 before the show opened that Rocket was going to be her favorite. While the credits were rolling, I handed her the fiver. She said "What's this?" I said, "Rocket's not your favorite, Groot is." She cracked up and said "Yep!!"

As they were rolling in to meet the Collector, she poked me and said - "This is pretty good." And I thought, "More like this is frickin' awesome." :)

Very cool story.

I have several friends I work with aren't comic guys, and they are all going multiple times this weekend to see it.

This movie is a monster.

I rarely get sucked up into the whole movie merchandising thing. I mean, the only superhero films that I bought the blurays for were the Nolan Batmans.

This though? I had something to do out on the Eastern side of Long Island and visited Fourth World Comics for the first time which turned out to be a very impressive store. They actually had a few issues of Silver and late Golden Age books. (No one around here really has a selection these days of Gold and Silver that many of the rest of you report in finding.)

Anyway... saw this guy sitting by his lonesome and felt the right thing to do was to take it home and put it on my desk.

4D888411-1429-469B-B896-D93A9D26DD76.jpg

Looked dumb to me

The fact that it was a slo-mo sequence involving a humanoid, ninja turtle? ... or just the stunt set up involving the humanoid, ninja turtle and the SUV? hm

"Rocket and Groot" could end up being a monster cartoon property for them. They handled both characters perfectly for kids.

Damn, I loved that movie. lol

While I hope the entire cast finds its way into Avengers III, If I had to pick three characters out of that movie to find themselves involved in an exchange with Tony Stark or Nick Fury if would be Rocket, Groot and Drax.

Tony Stark arguing with Rocket Raccoon over weapons building would make for a fun scene with Groot and Hulk watching on in disbelief.

Looked dumb to me

The fact that it was a slo-mo sequence involving a humanoid, ninja turtle? ... or just the stunt set up involving the humanoid, ninja turtle and the SUV? hm

The whole trailer was yawn

I rarely get sucked up into the whole movie merchandising thing. I mean, the only superhero films that I bought the blurays for were the Nolan Batmans.

This though? I had something to do out on the Eastern side of Long Island and visited Fourth World Comics for the first time which turned out to be a very impressive store. They actually had a few issues of Silver and late Golden Age books. (No one around here really has a selection these days of Gold and Silver that many of the rest of you report in finding.)

Anyway... saw this guy sitting by his lonesome and felt the right thing to do was to take it home and put it on my desk.

4D888411-1429-469B-B896-D93A9D26DD76.jpg

I need this!

Looked dumb to me

The whole trailer was yawn

Michael Bay killed that movie at Day 1

There was only one trailer that I remembered...

Christopher Nolan's latest effort, "Interstellar". In all honesty that was the only trailer that I remember seeing. There were others, but I forgot them already.

They did have a giant stand up in the hallway for this though, as it will be returning to theaters for one week only.

CB_ghostbusters_cast_jef_140226_16x9_608.jpg