• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

I would have thought there would have been more interest in the comic relaunch of GotG. Seems to be a bit of a dud.

It's a shame that they didn't get Abnett and Lanning back for the relaunch.

Its sales numbers seem pretty healthy and consistent month to month. It's a shame Abnett and Lanning won't work together anymore.

Actually, they are working together on Amazing X Men currently.

Really? What issues? I know Craig and Yost have been working on that book.

This article is the last I had heard on their situation. Once their agreement with Marvel was fulfilled, I thought they went separate ways.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/10/dan-abnett-talks-about-splitting-with-andy-lanning-and-working-with-james-gunn/

Also, i don't think GotG is this generations' Star Wars. Mostly because I find Star Wars EXTREMELY boring. Have never been able to sit through a single movie. Total yawn-fest. (Feel free to reach for the torches and pitchforks)

I never got the Star Wars thing either, but I was always on team Star Trek (especially the recent 2 with Chris Pine). GOTG gave me the same feeling as the 1st Star trek reboot. Action, Humor and some great acting. Although I agree that Groot and Rocket were awesome I think Chris Pratt did a remarkable job as the lead actor. If he didn't do the great job he did all the CGI Groot and Rocket would not have made this movie the Gem that it is.

First there was James Gunn thanking everyone for their support. Now, Chris Pratt. Again, another classy move from the movie team overall.

'So happy!' Chris Pratt thanks fans as Guardians Of The Galaxy breaks box office record with Marvel-ous $94m debut

article-2714941-203A26E700000578-581_634x277.jpg

Where some stars can be ME-ME-ME, it is so cool to read one that wants to recognize all those people supporting a film that you may never know their names.

:applause:

The more I read about this guy, the more I like him (thumbs u

I would have thought there would have been more interest in the comic relaunch of GotG. Seems to be a bit of a dud.

Its sales numbers seem pretty healthy and consistent month to month. It's a shame Abnett and Lanning won't work together anymore.

This article is the last I had heard on their situation. Once their agreement with Marvel was fulfilled, I thought they went separate ways.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/10/dan-abnett-talks-about-splitting-with-andy-lanning-and-working-with-james-gunn/

Starting with Amazing X Men # 8, here's an article about it. http://www.newsarama.com/20525-kyle-yost-reunite-for-amazing-x-men-run.html

It stopped me from dropping the book like I'd been planning to do.

First there was James Gunn thanking everyone for their support. Now, Chris Pratt. Again, another classy move from the movie team overall.

'So happy!' Chris Pratt thanks fans as Guardians Of The Galaxy breaks box office record with Marvel-ous $94m debut

article-2714941-203A26E700000578-581_634x277.jpg

Where some stars can be ME-ME-ME, it is so cool to read one that wants to recognize all those people supporting a film that you may never know their names.

:applause:

The more I read about this guy, the more I like him (thumbs u

I think the movie is also a result of the people working on it gelling unusually well.

Besides the others who are being mentioned a lot, I also found Drax to be very entertaining and humourous. I wasn't expecting his role to be as enjoyable as it was. :headbang:

Starting with Amazing X Men # 8, here's an article about it. http://www.newsarama.com/20525-kyle-yost-reunite-for-amazing-x-men-run.html

I think we might be talking about two different things. I was talking about Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning who worked on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

The pair working on Amazing X-Men is Craig Kyle and Chris Yost.

Am I missing something? :shrug: If so, I apologize. :foryou:

I think we might be talking about two different things. I was talking about Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning who worked on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

The only thing you are missing is that my brain switched onto back up power and the back up power failed. :facepalm:

I just got my two favourite comic collaborations mixed up. I'll shut up now. :blush:

The only thing you are missing is that my brain switched onto back up power and the back up power failed. :facepalm:

I just got my two favourite comic collaborations mixed up. I'll shut up now. :blush:

lol no worries, man. It happens to me all the time.

I saw the movie Friday night at a Drive-In. Lots of kids attending.

Overall, I thought it was a very solid movie, B+. I think my expectations were incredibly high, thus the reason I gave it a B+.

I didn't like the final scene with Ronan, but my girlfriend thought it was spot on and in line with the rest of the film.

Acting was solid, music was great, story was good.

Enjoyed it and would love to see it again in the theaters.

Also, i don't think GotG is this generations' Star Wars. Mostly because I find Star Wars EXTREMELY boring. Have never been able to sit through a single movie. Total yawn-fest. (Feel free to reach for the torches and pitchforks)

I never got the Star Wars thing either, but I was always on team Star Trek (especially the recent 2 with Chris Pine). GOTG gave me the same feeling as the 1st Star trek reboot. Action, Humor and some great acting. Although I agree that Groot and Rocket were awesome I think Chris Pratt did a remarkable job as the lead actor. If he didn't do the great job he did all the CGI Groot and Rocket would not have made this movie the Gem that it is.

:screwy:lol

I went to see The Empire Strikes Back 17, count 'em, 17 times in the summer it came out. I was 13/14 years old and it is still my favorite show I've seen to date. We didn't have a VCR (the cost on those was about twice the price of my first car). lol My 11 year old wants to go see it again today so I'm going to call it her ESB. :grin:

I saw the movie Friday night at a Drive-In. Lots of kids attending.

Overall, I thought it was a very solid movie, B+. I think my expectations were incredibly high, thus the reason I gave it a B+.

I didn't like the final scene with Ronan, but my girlfriend thought it was spot on and in line with the rest of the film.

Acting was solid, music was great, story was good.

Enjoyed it and would love to see it again in the theaters.

We saw it at the drive-in Saturday and loved it. Two of my kids went back yesterday and said it really shines in the theater so my youngest and I are going back to see it at the matinee. It is tough to beat the overall experience of the drive-in but the picture and sound quality pales in comparison.

This is the first movie I've paid to see twice in theaters.

Thursday - IMAX

Friday - regular non-3d

There is a solid chance I see this a 3rd time, if I am available when a few of my friends go to see it later this week.

Did anyone guess this would hit $90+ mil domestic for opening weekend?

I saw it last night with a bunch of friends. We all enjoyed it. Maybe not the best Marvel film, but it's in the top tier. Considering they were dealing with characters that most people are not familiar with, they did a great job of injecting story and personas. This movie could have been a disaster. I was very happy!

Is it the next Star Wars? No. But it does provide a gap in sci-fi cosmic movies. We haven't seen anything since The 5th Element.

Go ahead a rate what you thought of it at my site. It already has 5 THEATER votes. Hoping this knocks out Man of Steel, which has been up there since last year.

Guardians of the Galaxy

Yeah, it is - it's kind of a shame. They are all over the board with it - I think the only reason sales numbers are strong is because GotG fans are mimicing what X-Men fans were doing in the late 80s: subscribing because eventually the book will improve at a later date.

They are stuck trying to repackage events from the previous successful series, they have badly fumbled Angela to the point that she's only in the book for a splash page (no dialogue for 4-5 issues, I think) and it's a hot mess right now. I sincerely hope with the movie success they kick off the entire writing/art team on that book and start over.

Saw it yesterday with friends. I find it pretty good - great cast and good plotting in the process. I like how it come out ... overall it's enough to make me watch again later.

I saw the last ending after credits. Didn't expect that coming! Should be a good movie to look forward next. :grin:

I cannot say if GOTG lives up to the Star Wars for this generation hype? (shrug) All I can say is my son laughed, cried and went through the full boat of emotions for this movie. It was the full experience for him.... just like Star Wars was for me as a child. At one point during the movie I was looking at him and his mouth was literally open in awe during the fight sequence between Drax and Ronan. Drax is his favorite BTW.

I can also concur that my woman seemed to be drawn to this movie in some way she has never been drawn to any of the other Marvel movies before it. There is an underlying soul and tone there that speaks universally to old, young, man, woman, geek, or not that really shines. My wife loved it and she isn't a comic movie or Sci-fi type person.

As for me I haven't had this much fun at the movies in years. Yup, years.... that includes Avengers. Avengers might still be the better movie technically, but as far as fun factor..... GOTG is the high standard all other comic book based movies will be judged by in the future. Good luck age of Ultron, and I hope Abrams was taking notes.... The New Star Wars movies have just been put on notice.... 2c