• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Here's what I want to know. How has Quill kept his Walkman running after all these years??? It was never explained in the movie. Does he just stop in to the Galactic 7/11 and pick up some new batteries, or does he return to earth surreptitiously (had to look that one up) every once in a while to grab some new ones?

lol "I'm willing to suspend my disbelief that a tiny purple gem could destroy worlds, and that there are enormous battle cruisers displaying unbelievable scientific wonders. Heck, I can even buy that a talking raccoon can build an anti-gravity device out of two fairly simple objects. But there is no way that there is a galactic Ray-O-Vac dispenser or a universal battery charger."

lol

I was just thinking, you can't even get your American appliances to work in Europe because of the differences in power supply, (110v-60hz vs 220v-50hz), let alone halfway across the galaxy. Just sayin'.

:blahblah:

Guardians of the Galaxy full international release schedule

China is not until September 5th.

Wow!

The need time to do all of their editing to make Cosmo the main hero of the story ;)

lol

Hey. It worked for IM3. China brought in $121,200,000 at the end of that run. So that special China footage must have had some impact.

My son is 13, he was looking at something just now and said "What goes in here, oh I know, those things that Starlord has, those things that are like CD's."

"You mean cassette tapes?" I asked.

"Yeah, those."

Haha ! I love when stuff like that happens. I still remember my dad's cool 8 track. lol

My son is 13, he was looking at something just now and said "What goes in here, oh I know, those things that Starlord has, those things that are like CD's."

"Yeah, those."

And that, ladies and Gentlemen, is why this film will be the starting point for a whole new generation of marvel film fans who hopefully start reading the old books.....

It's opening day here in Australia.

Get a ticket if you can - I dare you - maybe in the outer,outer 'burbs, but in the cities - sell-out everywhere.

"Yeah, those."

Haha ! I love when stuff like that happens. I still remember my dad's cool 8 track. lol

Reminds me of this video I saw a few months ago...

"Yeah, those."

And that, ladies and Gentlemen, is why this film will be the starting point for a whole new generation of marvel film fans who hopefully start reading the old books.....

My eldest, found a shoebox of some of my favorite Dead shows & Phish shows (a couple of my own "awesome mixes" that were never given to some Bettie or returned by some upon a bad break up probably) on cassette tapes.

And he had no fricken clue what they were. A record he was mesmerized by seeing and than putting it on to play!!

I'm still depressed my kids won't even know what Blockbuster Video was. :sorry:

- From trying to slip PG-13 videos into the pole with the parents or friends parents for sleepovers in middle school (Couple Dad's you could slip R rated ones in ((Predator, Lethal Weapon, Alien)) sense they were either clueless or didn't really care)

- To being sick during a school week and going with one of the Ps to stock up on vids for the week of strep or what have you.

- Going in middle school or high-school with a couple friends to try and get to second or third base with girl you liked on your basement couch or hers for "movie night" cause you were told by the girl "hinting " she would be going with her friends at a certain time.

- Going on New Release day during lunch or free period during high-school hooking up your friends with a couple.

- Being baked with friends staring at the top row of what to get or not being able to decide so "rock-paper-scissoring" it in the aisle to ultimately decide.

- A hanging out at home Date Night with a new or long term girl friend.

- Grounded in high-school cause your Ps found out you had a party or found a bowl or a bag....even though you pleaded, "it's not mine."

It was a right of passage on so many levels at least for my area and friends.

Just can't believe they will just click on button on the tv or game console. So weird

"Yeah, those."

Reminds me of this video I saw a few months ago...

Great video. A very eye opening experience. :D

How many Walkmans are going to hit Ebay for Starlord Cosplay or Halloween costumes hm

Finally! I need to take that garbage fine piece of technology and post it on Ebay immediately. What do you suggest?

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY STAR-LORD MOTIVATION BOX. RARE. GET IT NOW BEFORE ALL GONE. SCARCE CASSETTE TAPE OF MOODY BLUES' 'NIGHTS IN WHITE SATIN' INCLUDED.

That should do it.

(: