• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

At the Mets vs. Nationals game, they just played 'Hooked on a Feeling' and folks started cheering.

James Gunn - what have you done?

lol

That song also had a resurgence back in the late 90's when it was used in the dancing baby sequence on the Ally McBeal show. Anyone remember that?

The sad part is I'm old enough to remember B.J. Thomas' original version from 1969 before Blue Swede made it an even bigger hit in 1974.

At the Mets vs. Nationals game, they just played 'Hooked on a Feeling' and folks started cheering.

lol

That song also had a resurgence back in the late 90's when it was used in the dancing baby sequence on the Ally McBeal show. Anyone remember that?

The Nationals came very close to giving up their lead midway through the game. But it ended 5- 3, Nationals.

I remember that whole dancing baby thing. It was cute at first. Then it got annoying when dancing babies started popping up all over the place.

It's matched Green Lantern in gross and in its first week. Of course it's Green Lantern so I'm not sure that's a surprise.

Bosco would be disappointed if I didn't say, "That's because DC sucks."

Peace,

Chip

I'd be shocked if you didn't.

;)

Let's see what this Warner right-sizing plan brings to the cinema. It's previous decisions have been poorly handled when it comes to building out a well-planned and executed franchise. At times, they have made solid decisions like Batman (1989) hitting 11X of budget at the box office. No DC or Marvel movies has achieved this yet. Not even close. Including the merchandising and comic market sales impact.

The new round of commercials really show some big spoilers.

Don't read this next bit if you haven't seen it.

They show the whole group locked hand in hand holding the infinity gem surrounded by the purple aura, and they show baby Groot dancing.

Let's see what this Warner right-sizing plan brings to the cinema. It's previous decisions have been poorly handled when it comes to building out a well-planned and executed franchise. At times, they have made solid decisions like Batman (1989) hitting 11X of budget at the box office. No DC or Marvel movies has achieved this yet. Not even close. Including the merchandising and comic market sales impact.

I was excited to see them grab all those dates. As has been said on this forum multiple times in multiple threads, the real winners are all of us hardcore fans.

FOUR comic book big budget movies each year?

Yeah, sign me up for THAT.

Peace,

Chip :)

lol

The sad part is I'm old enough to remember B.J. Thomas' original version from 1969 before Blue Swede made it an even bigger hit in 1974.

BJ Thomas :cloud9:

The soundtrack was pretty retro....... just saw the movie. When the statement was made that it would become this generation's Star Wars......well, the gauntlet was thrown..... but try as I might, I couldn't find anything wrong with GOTG....... GREAT movie...... Zoe Saldana must bear my young. I knew I'd like Groot..... but Rocket stole the show for me..... although Drax was also very strong. Ronan was very well done and the FX were certainly cutting edge. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

lol

BJ Thomas :cloud9:

The soundtrack was pretty retro....... just saw the movie. When the statement was made that it would become this generation's Star Wars......well, the gauntlet was thrown..... but try as I might, I couldn't find anything wrong with GOTG....... GREAT movie...... Zoe Saldana must bear my young. I knew I'd like Groot..... but Rocket stole the show for me..... although Drax was also very strong. Ronan was very well done and the FX were certainly cutting edge. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

This.

10559900_730985166947286_3362071385114920723_n.jpg

lol

First thing I think of when I hear it is Reservoir Dogs

lol

First thing I think of when I hear it is Reservoir Dogs

Reservoir Dogs is either 'Little Green Bag' or 'Stuck in the middle with you' :shrug:

Want To Get Your Hands On A GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Dancing Groot? Well, Here's How...

---------------------

So, in order to get your hands on the dancing Groot, you're going to need to spend a few hundred dollars on Hot Toys' Rocket and Groot set of action figures. That's catch number one. The other is that it's only 1/6th scale, and that means it won't be life-sized and that it will actually be pretty tiny.

---------------------

OUCH!

I'd say Josh Brolin is on fire about his new role, and the possibilities tied to the many appearances.

:applause:

Josh Brolin Dishes On Playing THANOS, Multi-Pic Deal, 'Death' Storyline And Taking On 'Iron Man'

-----------------------

"His relationship with Death, who is actually the woman, I love that," Brolin said. "You can take Sin City [in which Brolin plays a man obsessed with a dark-hearted woman] and pump it full of steroids, and then you have Thanos. I like that he's motivated by that -- not just motivated by destruction or death or this or that. He's motivated by a very identifiable, human trait."

-----------------------

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2nd Thoughts: The Creepy Part No One is Talking About

------------------

But for as flat-out a genial an experience Guardians is, something has been nagging me since the Collector’s trippy mid-credits scene in last year’s Thor: The Dark World that played out again in Guardians and was really emphasized during its own post-credits scene.

What am I talking about? The Collector is a cruel slaver owner/trader who keeps intelligent, sentient subjects who are clearly suffering in tiny glass cages. But more importantly...

…no one seems to give a :censored: .

------------------

I was thinking this a few days back as some of the photos came out of the different creatured held in their cages. Especially when they showed the Dark Elf and whatever that orange-skinned being is with his back to the camera (Beta Ray Bill or Warlock).