• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

No one like Cap?

I like Cap plenty. But GOTG was a better movie. Glad to see the recognition going to a movie that actually deserves the praise.

Hands down the best movie this summer was Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. I'm glad that movie did well and I look forward to a third outing.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel2014a.htm

and today it'll pass ASM2, set it's sights on Cap: WS and ultimately pass X-Men: DOFP

Cap2 is really not that far away for Guardians.

YYMz9Sr.png

yDdFQb2.png

y32djgo.png

As far as the four Marvel movies for this year, it has been interesting.

PQ1SpUs.png

2eHKRwN.png

Guardians has $41 MM to go and it will surpass X-Men: Days of Future Past.

I didn't hate Iron Man 3 as much as some people, but it'd be nice if Guardians had passed it. I don't imagine there is a chance now...

+1

I can't believe how well IM 3 did. I did not hate it, but did not care for it either.

X-Men DOFP was the best Marvel movie this year and overall for me. When I was starting collecting as a kid I snagged a DOFP tpb off the stand and was blown away by the story. It was great to finally see some semblance of it on the big screen.....

could've waited an hour for the official word it passed X-Men:DOFP. $800MM WW looks out of reach but could pass $775MM WW before all is said and done.

I'd say based on profitability, Guardians achieved that a while ago. Anything above the 4.3X Revenue Ratio truly is pure icing on this Marvel cake.

cake-fri-avengers-01-from-sdcc.jpg

I was waiting on Paperheart to post this since he mentioned the news.

BOX OFFICE: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Is Now The #1 Superhero Movie Of 2014

------------------

Since its debut in China recently, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy has pulled in an impressive $84.4M. This gives the James Gunn directed space-adventure a worldwide haul of over $750M, taking it past Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days of Future Past to become the highest grossing superhero movie of 2014, with only Maleficent and Transformers: Age Of Extinction in its way as highest grossing movie period.

------------------

What a success story for a movie that was predicted to either flop and be the big black mark on Marvel's record, or to do no more than $500 MM worldwide.

:applause:

I've got a great idea for a movie-bunch of heroes are forced together to prevent the bad guy from getting the thing that will destroy the Universe. At first they bicker and fight, then they pull together. At the end only by working together and holding hands do they defeat the bad guy. One guy can be the joking guy, then there's the super serious chick and the comedy relief mascot guy. Also there's a big guy who's really strong and doesn't say much. There can be a scene where one of the heroes seems to be dead but they get revived.

THERE'S NEVER BEEN A MOVIE LIKE THIS!!!!!

I've got a great idea for a movie-bunch of heroes are forced together to prevent the bad guy from getting the thing that will destroy the Universe. At first they bicker and fight, then they pull together. At the end only by working together and holding hands do they defeat the bad guy. One guy can be the joking guy, then there's the super serious chick and the comedy relief mascot guy. Also there's a big guy who's really strong and doesn't say much. There can be a scene where one of the heroes seems to be dead but they get revived.

THERE'S NEVER BEEN A MOVIE LIKE THIS!!!!!

I'd finance this idea... It'll make millions, if not hundreds of millions... In all fairness, it's not a super-hero formula as much as it's a movie formula...