• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Description of alternate GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY ending

------------------

There are three characters that got cut out [of the "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" montage]: Nebula, the Collector and Grandpa Quill. Nebula and Collector we decided, at a certain point, they’re kind of bad guys in the first movie. It was a real joyous experience with that finale so we thought we’d keep it to the characters that were part of “the good team.” Which includes Yondu. He did fight on the good guys side. So we thought we would keep it to them.

------------------

'Nebula vs. Gamora' deleted scene to be included on Blu-Ray

--------------------

In this first deleted scene from the upcoming Guardians Of The Galaxy Blu-ray, the daughters of Thanos (Zoe Saldana’s Gamora and Karen Gillan's Nebula) engage in a war of words before the physical battle we saw in the theatrical cut kicks off.

--------------------

James Gunn Confirms Adam Warlock's Cocoon For Guardians of the Galaxy & Thor 2

------------------

"Many people may look up to the right of The Collector. As we first see The Collector, we push in on him and you will see a certain duck named Howard that turns to look at the group. That's one of my favorite little things. The background there is the Slither creatures from my movie Slither behind The Collector; those guys are pretty obvious. You have Adam Warlock's cocoon. You have also sorts of characters from other Marvel movies. The Dark Elf back there, who is played by Doug Jones, who is one of our stunt guys that had the Dark Elf make-up on. So you had a lot of different guys in the background."

Gunn also adds that The Collector has more than one "museum," with the one shown in Guardians of the Galaxy being the Knowhere "wing."

------------------

:whee:

:whistle:August 2014

Okay. Either Gunn is playing with people now, or he forgot what he said back in August (or Marvel changed direction).

Was That Really 'Adam Warlock's' Cocoon Glimpsed In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY?

------------------

"Yeah, there’s a cocoon that’s exactly like Adam Warlock’s," admitted James Gunn. "I wasn’t really thinking that much when I put that in. That was my idea to put that in there. They’re like, 'What should we put in?' So I went in the Marvel handbook and like just picked cool things that looked neat to put into the boxes." Gunn then discussed the cocoon appearing bursted open during the post-credits scene of Guardians of the Galaxy, and whether or not that could mean Adam Warlock is no longer in hibernation. "It looked like Adam’s Warlock cocoon, so now everyone thinks he’s out of there and you know… I don’t know," said the director, without denying the possibility of the character being properly introduced in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

------------------

Baby Groot Takes Center Stage In Latest Clip From GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Featurette

----------------

When Yahoo! Movies asked James Gunn if Groot is invincible as long as he stays in water, the Guardians of the Galaxy director said, "That’s an unanswered question: Is Baby Groot, Groot? Or is Baby Groot actually Groot’s progeny?" He then said it's exactly like "how if a nut falls off a tree and then its seed eventually grows a new tree, those are two different trees." "It may be answered in the future, but that’s the question," teased Gunn, adding that we'll have to "wait and see"

----------------

I cannot wait for this Blu-Ray to hit the market.

:whee:

Deleted Scenes 1 and 2 have finally made it to Youtube.

I just realized something about the second scene. Peter Serafinowicz who played Pete in 'Shaun of the Dead' is also Denarian Saal in 'Guardians of the Galaxy'.