• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Got the Blu-ray last Monday, watched it a couple of times since. Great stuff.

Along with Captain America : The Winter Soldier, my two favourite Marvel Studios films.

A tough call to decide which is the better.

The 'why' statement makes sense...

"I don't want Nova right now because I think Quill being the only earthling is important," wrote Gunn. "That serves the entire movie going audience and not just the handful of Nova fans. Sorry if that upsets you."

This is crazy though: "Guardians of the Galaxy 2" opens on May 5, 2017"

To say Hollywood moves at a snail's pace insults snails.

"I don't want Nova right now because I think Quill being the only earthling is important," wrote Gunn. "That serves the entire movie going audience and not just the handful of Nova fans. Sorry if that upsets you."

I'm a Nova fan, but I think that's fair enough.

I'm a Nova fan, but I think that's fair enough.

By that logic, sounds like Vance Astro would be a no-go also.

I just think it is a shame after what DnA did with Nova (Richard Rider) in the comics and then now to have Rich not in the cosmic movie universe sucks.

...Unless this is all just a smoke screen...

Based upon the film universe being interconnected, Richard Rider could also be introduced in the Ms. Marvel film. The Kree will currently be quite unpopular with the Nova Corps after the events in GOTG, Ms. Marvel's origin is strongly Kree-influenced, and so an earthborn Nova would be a good agent to monitor her and any other Kree activity here.

Grammy Nomination For Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Soundtrack

Best Compilation Soundtrack Album for Visual Media

American Hustle - Legacy Recordings

Frozen – Walt Disney Records

Get On Up – The James Brown Story - Universal Music Enterprises

Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 1 - Hollywood Records/Marvel Music

The Wolf of Wall Street – Virgin Records

I never understood that category. Unless it's original music made for the movie. Who would go up and accept that award? Some guy walks up and says "I want to thank all the artists who's songs I chose..."

I never understood that category. Unless it's original music made for the movie. Who would go up and accept that award? Some guy walks up and says "I want to thank all the artists who's songs I chose..."

lol

'Oh, and their mothers too for having them.'

pretty much official that this will wind up as the #1 movie at the domestic box office this year

No kidding. What a dismal year for domestic block busters. Just one movie so far over $300,000,000. (shrug) In a summer with a Transformer, Spider-Man, Captain America, Planet of the Apes, and X-Men sequel, not to mention the hugely anticipated Godzilla movie.

You have to go back to 2001 to have the top domestic box office movie lower than this year's king (GOTG) and even then they had 2 movies break $300,000,000. 2007s top movie came close to being this low (Spider-Man 3), but in 2007 you still had 4 movies break $300,000,000.

There is still a chance the Hunger's Games sequel will top $300,000,000. I also think the Hobbit final has a chance, but all in all, this was shaping up to be one of the top domestic years and it fell short of those expectations. It is good GOTG was a surprise hit, otherwise the top summer movie would have been Captain America with just under $260,000,000.

What we saw this year was the long tail effect domestically. Lots of little movies made quite a bit of money while the "guaranteed" juggernauts failed to delivery. It is interesting to read the Box Office Mojo predictions and see how far off they were this year.

So does anyone know if there are any Guardians of the Galaxy blu ray exclusives like mini comics?

Who's that guy on the cover of the Star-Lord book? Didn't see him in the movie trailer/preview. (shrug)

lol

I bought it, the blueray version.

Anyone else notice that the packages no longer offer the Blue Ray/ DVD combo?

I used to always buy that option so I could play it on blue ray or DVD if I wanted. No longer offered. meh