• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Marvel Studios has released an extended trailer from James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy, starring Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, Benicio del Toro, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, Gregg Henry, Bradley Cooper, and Vin Diesel.

I went to the 17 minute preview this evening, all I can say is WOW!!!! I don't go for the whole 3-D thing, but after this preview I'm definitely going to see it in 3-D. Groot and Rocket look incredible, lotsa guns and bombs going off, the soundtrack fits perfect (Cherry Bomb!), it's going to be a huge hit. Over 200 people showed up to the theatre which is impressive for a 17 min clip

So, I'm holding onto my GOTG key issues for a bit longer

Yep. I agree about holding onto GOTG key issues for a bit longer.It will be like Iron Man and have a trilogy. It won`t be a one and done movie like Green Lantern. It looks like a fun movie for all-ages. I would expect 5 years from now there will be a GOTC 3.

No matter what numbers it does, no one involved with the film can ever say it was not given a push and a decent promotion.

It will interesting to see if it will beat X-men :Days of Future Past and ASM 2 domestically at the box office.

If it does 200 million domestically I would call it a big win for Marvel.

The more I see of this movie, the better I feel Marvel Studios has put all it has into making it a success. Even the reinforcement that this is the same company that created all these other solid movies. That in itself is important so viewers new to GotG will worry less what they are getting for their money.

I'm just not sure yet what the worldwide take will be. With the production cost being an estimated $150 MM, just to be profitable and ensure it accounts for all revenue share relationships it would have to hit $450 MM. That's not a tough goal with a production of this size.

The more I see of this movie, the better I feel Marvel Studios has put all it has into making it a success. Even the reinforcement that this is the same company that created all these other solid movies. That in itself is important so viewers new to GotG will worry less what they are getting for their money.

I'm just not sure yet what the worldwide take will be. With the production cost being an estimated $150 MM, just to be profitable and ensure it accounts for all revenue share relationships it would have to hit $450 MM. That's not a tough goal with a production of this size.

+1, even with August release date. given the Marvel brand name, i can't envision this doing less than $500mm WW and, if well reviewed, don't see why it couldn't do $700mm WW.

Sort of off topic, but am I the only one that couldn't even tell that was Bradley Cooper doing the rocket raccoon, or vin diesel for that matter?

What's the point of paying high powered actors to contribute, if they are not even distinguishable from some no name voice actor?

Do people just buy into the high powered actor tag-lines?

Oh no. Another trailer (just going with the 'X-Men: DoFP' line).

"No one's blowing up moons..."

I know one guy who's gonna hate this movie. :D

Sort of off topic, but am I the only one that couldn't even tell that was Bradley Cooper doing the rocket raccoon, or vin diesel for that matter?

What's the point of paying high powered actors to contribute, if they are not even distinguishable from some no name voice actor?

Do people just buy into the high powered actor tag-lines?

Bradley Cooper yes and no... depends on the line and what is going on.

Groot sounds like Vin Diesel. I hear that grating bass in his voice every time. It honestly sounds like Riddick saying, "I am Groot."

I think this may have one or two record breaking weekends and then quickly be forgotten. I could be wrong, but somehow I don't think this could become a household name.

I'm holding out hope that the neighborhood kids will be running around being Starlord, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket - just like I did with my friends playing Star Wars when I was a kid. :wishluck:

Every 1/100th of a second Rocket Raccoon is on screen makes me cringe with embarrassment for everyone involved in making it and everyone who has to watch it; to me it looks like Howard the Duck x Brigitte Nielsen as Red Sonja to the power of Roger Corman's Fantastic Four. Judging by my past feelings about movies, that means the public is going to absolutely love it.

Every 1/100th of a second Rocket Raccoon is on screen makes me cringe with embarrassment for everyone involved in making it and everyone who has to watch it; to me it looks like Howard the Duck x Brigitte Nielsen as Red Sonja to the power of Roger Corman's Fantastic Four. Judging by my past feelings about movies, that means the public is going to absolutely love it.

lmfao. troll harder.

everything i see of this movie reeks of quality and positivity. every movie site and story on this movie with a comment section is people losing their minds over how awesome it looks. the perspective of the common joe who knows nothing of comics is insanely positive, with the most comments i see tilted towards how cool rocket and groot look.

this movie is going to be huuuuuuge. personally, i haven't been this hyped to go to a movie since avengers.

I am sure that if there was the internet before Star Wars and they showed pictures of Chewbacca , Vader, R2D2 and Yoda etc people would have said a movie with droids , large growling walking dog , a guy in a black suit with a large helmet and kermit the frog are strange and bizarre characters in this movie but it works as long as it is done well. If this is done well Rocket will be a huge hit.

Having suffered through the movies you mentioned above: 1,000 x NO

Those movies were gawd. awful.

(And even saying that, Corman's FF was, in several instances, better than Fox studios FF movies.)

What you are right about is that the movie is going to do well.