• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Every 1/100th of a second Rocket Raccoon is on screen makes me cringe with embarrassment for everyone involved in making it and everyone who has to watch it; to me it looks like Howard the Duck x Brigitte Nielsen as Red Sonja to the power of Roger Corman's Fantastic Four. Judging by my past feelings about movies, that means the public is going to absolutely love it.

:facepalm:

That's so far off base, it has to be trolling.

This movie is going to do much better than some realize. It has plenty going for it to distinguish itself outside of the Marvel superhero movies of the past few years.

I'm really excited to see this take off.

:applause:

This movie brings back memories about my dad taking me to Star Wars when i was 10 and how excited i was . I guess because its about space etc. My wife is taking me and my son for my Birthday gift to see this in a eat and watch movie theater . I am looking forward to having my son see this and he is as excited as when i was 10. He loves Rocket. He has a Hulk 271 in his small collection and his favorite comic book now (hes more a sneaker collector) . I got a feeling allot of kids will love rocket.

Every 1/100th of a second Rocket Raccoon is on screen makes me cringe with embarrassment for everyone involved in making it and everyone who has to watch it; to me it looks like Howard the Duck x Brigitte Nielsen as Red Sonja to the power of Roger Corman's Fantastic Four. Judging by my past feelings about movies, that means the public is going to absolutely love it.

I am sure that if there was the internet before Star Wars and they showed pictures of Chewbacca , Vader, R2D2 and Yoda etc people would have said a movie with droids , large growling walking dog , a guy in a black suit with a large helmet and kermit the frog are strange and bizarre characters in this movie but it works as long as it is done well. If this is done well Rocket will be a huge hit.

No, those were all real people in costumes at least.

This is a silly-looking cartoon character mixing with live action ones. The better Star Wars comparison is Jar-Jar. Except this looks worse. I have to look away from the screen repeatedly just to get through the 2 minute trailer.

But I'm in all in favor of the movie doing well an I hope kids love it. It's gonna take me some time to get my Marvel Preview 4 pressed and cleaned up to a 9.6. Keep the market strong for me!

The better Star Wars comparison is Jar-Jar. Except this looks worse.

lol

You need to learn subtlety my young padawan, only then will you be a master of the troll.

As it is you come off desperate.

I'm really not trying to troll. This trailer looks absolutely painful. It's extremely difficult for me to believe anyone over the age of 14 can watch and not just want to facepalm at the failure on display.. But a survey at the LCS determines that, indeed, the majority of people apparently think it looks good and are excited for the movie. Maybe you needed to be raised on video games to appreciate the "pixels bobbing around a screen and pretending to be characters" aesthetic. I have no idea how anyone was able to sit through Avatar either.

lol

You need to learn subtlety my young padawan, only then will you be a master of the troll.

I'm really not trying to troll. This trailer looks absolutely painful. It's extremely difficult for me to believe anyone over the age of 14 can watch and not just want to facepalm at the failure on display.. But a survey at the LCS determines that, indeed, the majority of people apparently think it looks good and are excited for the movie. Maybe you needed to be raised on video games to appreciate the "pixels bobbing around a screen and pretending to be characters" aesthetic. I have no idea how anyone was able to sit through Avatar either.

Don't you have something better to do? (shrug)

lol

Holy cow - I understand a difference of opinions on movies, but honestly - if you can't figure out why people like movies like Avatar or GOTG and believe that it's about pixels and not a new way of visual storytelling - why are you even in this thread, other than to troll?

I recall people around my comic shop 20 years ago fantasizing of the day when we would actually see our characters come to life in a realisitic way on-screen. I feel bad for you as a comic collector for not seeing just how amazing of a time it is for comics in movies. Everyone's entitled to like what they like, but man - you're on the extreme, depressing end of the spectrum if you think GOTG doesn't at least look good in reference to the characters' aesthetic.

lol

Holy cow - I understand a difference of opinions on movies, but honestly - if you can't figure out why people like movies like Avatar or GOTG and believe that it's about pixels and not a new way of visual storytelling - why are you even in this thread, other than to troll?

I recall people around my comic shop 20 years ago fantasizing of the day when we would actually see our characters come to life in a realisitic way on-screen. I feel bad for you as a comic collector for not seeing just how amazing of a time it is for comics in movies. Everyone's entitled to like what they like, but man - you're on the extreme, depressing end of the spectrum if you think GOTG doesn't at least look good in reference to the characters' aesthetic.

Reminds me of reading about complaints when the silent film era was ended by "the talkies" in film. Supposedly, D.W. Griffiths hated it.

In the era of black and white movies, color was seen as a special effect.

Things change, sometimes some people don't like it.

lol

I've very much enjoyed The Avengers and both Captain America movies. I'm not thrilled with the effects in any of them, but the movies are still a lot of fun. That's been much more for the character interaction than any of the action sequences.

I don't know that I'd use the word "realistic" to describe how many of this batch of CG-heavy superhero movies look, though. As movies move further from their photographic roots and become completely divorced from a reality they once represented in some form (by being a photographic record of something real even if placed in a fictional context) I find it increasingly difficult to have any interest at all in the medium. A movie like GotG pushes deeper into that territory than even the other Marvel movies and when there's no longer any there there, I find it hard to care. I don't get anything from watching blobs of pixels shimmying around a screen.

This is a silly-looking cartoon character mixing with live action ones. The better Star Wars comparison is Jar-Jar. Except this looks worse. I have to look away from the screen repeatedly just to get through the 2 minute trailer.

You don't belong here.

Go away.

Peace,

Chip

You don't belong here.

Go away.

Peace,

Chip

Sorry, I didn't realize this was strictly the "Guardians is super-awesome fan club" thread. Enjoy the movie.

You don't belong here.

Go away.

Peace,

Chip

+1 just go bother someone else with your negativity.