• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Too much Racoon for my liking. I might wait for this to hit the DVD stand as I don't think it will have a long shelf life in the theaters. Will be fast out of the gate but interest will probably fall off as soon as there is another decent movie to distract from it.

Too much Racoon for my liking. I might wait for this to hit the DVD stand as I don't think it will have a long shelf life in the theaters. Will be fast out of the gate but interest will probably fall off as soon as there is another decent movie to distract from it.

I felt underserved by the racoon.

Needed a little more coon & some salt. Dash of pepper.

The early tracking numbers for the film are putting it opening somewhere around the $60 million mark, with some tracking sites as high as the $70 million mark.

Updated tracking info is looking even better, as the movie is looking at a possible $68-70 million, with some now saying that an opening approaching $80 million would not be out of the question. If it can reach $69.2 million, then it will be the biggest August opening film of all-time.

http://m.deadline.com/2014/07/guardians-of-the-galaxy-summer-box-office-boost/

With the box office currently bereft of anything big (other than Apes), it feels like the movie-going populace is waiting for something to spend their money on -- is that going to be Guardians?

For reference, an opening of $68 million -- on what's looking like the low end of the tracking numbers -- would have Guardians beating the 1st Captain America and Thor movies, as well as Sony's 1st Amazing Spider-Man reboot film. That a property that was (and is) relatively unknown in mainstream circles could possibly outshine Marvel's "flagship character" in itself is pretty amazing if it happens.

Well if it means anything it's already got word of mouth going for it.

Whenever a conversation that I'm a part of or just happen to overhear turns to the movies it's always GotG and how they already reserved tickets.

Vin Diesel Talks GROOT'S & ROCKET'S Friendship; Says Its "Exciting And I Want More"

-------------------------------

He also told what his family had to do with him excepting the role for Groot in Guardians of the Galaxy, "I don't think [Marvel] thought that I would do the role, but when I got it, when I got the concept art, I went home and I showed it to my family and I asked them, 'Which character do you think they want daddy to play?' and the kids pointed to the tree and there was something in that moment where I went, 'This is going to tap into people in a way that I can't even explain."

-------------------------------

If true, that is kind of a cool little fact from behind the scenes.

I don't know a single thing about the Guardians books and I'm pumped for this movie. Chris Pratt just oozes charisma and the costumes and sets look great.

He's hilarious on Parks and Recreation. That whole show is pretty great, though.

I think we would have heard abt it by now

This incredible film would have been even more stupendulous with Adam and his soul gem