• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Onsite grading cut off yesterday?

327 posts in this topic

I heard CGC cut off onsite grading at Megacon yesterday 3 hours into the show. Is this true?

Boy I would hate to have a weekend ticket and show up Saturday to be told there was no more. . It usually gets cut off mid day saturday.

I heard CGC cut off onsite grading at Megacon yesterday 3 hours into the show. Is this true?

Boy I would hate to have a weekend ticket and show up Saturday to be told there was no more. . It usually gets cut off mid day saturday.

That is not true. It was more like 2 hours into the show. :D

I assume it's because they were swamped with submissions rather than from having less than the expected staff available. But does anyone know?

They took the books from Orlando and drove them back to Sarasota to grade and encapsulate. I'm sure they had a total # in mind of what they could get done in 2 days and they hit that number very quickly.

The fact that those books are getting graded before others at their facility just cracks me up. In a good market expect a 20% increase in you comics value while you wait for encapsulation. And a higher final value fee. : sumo :

The fact that those books are getting graded before others at their facility just cracks me up.

^^

Exactly. I've had books in encapsulation for over two weeks that they can't seem to get to, but they're happy to jump all these in front of me and everyone else waiting. You'd think that this might mean they have so much business they could afford another machine (or three) maybe.

At least they realized that they could only do so many books, and then stopped accepting them. I still say that is what they should do at the HQ-- stop accepting books until they are completely caught up, and then start again!

they are being graded this weekend. if not for onsite no books would be graded so they are really not cutting into normal business.

what people are not saying is that cgc was there and taking onsite books on thursday night. set up night. so that is when a ton of books were dumped on them before the con even got started.

then you had one person dump a couple hundred at one time and another couple people dump a hundred or so each. throw in the early people friday morning and that was that.

there is no doubt many people went to the con for onsite grading and it was over before they even had a chance.