• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Sid's Luncheonette Collection X-Men # 1...9.0 - SOLD

29 posts in this topic

Any of you who aren't familiar with Harry's books.....rest assured, they are exceptional for their grades. Great collection.....pedigree quality stuff. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Jimbo - it's been awhile yet again. thanks for the kind words as always.

Question, do you still have that My old FF # 35 with the "Mystery" interior stains??

I've been thinking about my similar ASM # 21 but don't want to crack it open and I never did get a pic of either of those books iteriors to try and find out what the deal was.

as you'll recall the ASM # 21 got an 8.0 with ow/w pgs which may suggest the stains are production defects.

In any event if you have it and could share a pic I'd appreciate it.

harry

Any of you who aren't familiar with Harry's books.....rest assured, they are exceptional for their grades. Great collection.....pedigree quality stuff. GOD BLESS....

Jimbo - it's been awhile yet again. thanks for the kind words as always.

Question, do you still have that My old FF # 35 with the "Mystery" interior stains??

I've been thinking about my similar ASM # 21 but don't want to crack it open and I never did get a pic of either of those books iteriors to try and find out what the deal was.

as you'll recall the ASM # 21 got an 8.0 with ow/w pgs which may suggest the stains are production defects.

In any event if you have it and could share a pic I'd appreciate it.

harry

Definitely still have it....it's one of my favorite books and I doubt I'll ever sell it

I'm thinking the "stain" was caused by a splash of solvent at the plant or something of that nature. FF 35 and ASM 21 were both published at the same month.....I never saw this on any other examples of you OO books. GOD BLESS...

P.S. I've seen that type of discoloration on other Marvels ....just not any more of yours.

101_1161.jpg

101_1159.jpg

.....GOD BLESS...

P.S. DiceX may be able to shed some light on the root cause. I set the lighting a bit dark so the spots would contrast....

Of course it could be from a greasy finger page turning sandwich eating kid too :lol:

That was the week when you ate a bacon blt?

Given the fact that Jimbo says they were released at same time, you might just have something there.

Except CGC gave the ASM 21 an 8.0 which I doubt would be possible given that type of :staiing" if it weren't production related.

But, I digress...

Thought my edit on the price would move this to the head of the class - still have a lot to learn after all these years...:blush:

Refer to OP or just be aware the new price is what I wanted all along - $27,000 which is just a tad over the last 2 full years of GPA sales minus the high and low outliers and just over the last sale price, as well...