• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: ASM 8

17 posts in this topic

Front looks great! Light wear on front, minor flaws on the back cover... tiny chip URC, blotch on E in Hypnotize. Is there a crease along the bottom of the back cover (looks like some kind of line there)? Hard to finetune grade from the photos.

Assuming no crease, I'd guess a picky 7.0/7.5 or thereabouts. Very nice one!

Thanks everyone. I saw it and I had to have it. I think I'm going to have this sent off to CGC. Only debating if I should wait and see if I can get it signed or send it as is. Appreciate all the comments

The bottom right front cover has two fold lines the top has one, there also appears to be a small crease between the 'A' and 'N' in the word Human. I'd be around 6.5/7.0

Very nice colors.

The bottom right front cover has two fold lines the top has one, there also appears to be a small crease between the 'A' and 'N' in the word Human. I'd be around 6.5/7.0

Very nice colors.

There also appears to be pre-Marvel chipping along the edge of the front cover. And in the "see..." circle with the robot, there's a wrinkle just to the left of the robot's shoulder and two more in the text section below the robot.

I'm also around a technical 6.5 as a result. Beautiful eye appeal on this one! Very nice book. (thumbs u

Very nice colors.

There also appears to be pre-Marvel chipping along the edge of the front cover. And in the "see..." circle with the robot, there's a wrinkle just to the left of the robot's shoulder and two more in the text section below the robot.

I'm also around a technical 6.5 as a result. Beautiful eye appeal on this one! Very nice book. (thumbs u

I was wondering if that was pre-chipping or just a thumb crease from reading.

That is a gorgeous copy. i would try to get it signed by Stan in person or if you can't, submit it through Desert Wind to get it signed and slabbed, I think it will come back a 7.5 possibly an 8 (need to see more to tell for sure)

I thought it was a thumb mark at first, but it looks like there are a couple others as well along the edge, so I figured it was pre-chipping. They could all be thumb marks of course. Hard to tell.
(thumbs u

Thanks everyone. It is chipping btw, but they are very small, I am going to try to get it signed and send it in for grading. But that's gonna take a while. I'll update you all when it gets the grade. Maybe I'll re-post this and we can have a contest for fun. Thanks again!