• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC March Madness Pool

122 posts in this topic

:D The tourney is on! You can join here:

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/register/joinprivategroup_assign_team?GID=35387&P=cgc10.0

$25 entry fee - winner takes all! Invites have been sent to all returning members. Deadline is Thursday a.m. before the first tip-off.

Yowza - let's PLAY!!! :banana:

I didn't receive my invitation. Something tells me that was intentional. :D

Well, I'm in any way. Tough beaners. :sumo::grin:

I didn't either and I haven't changed my email address in 15 years. I think it is because we have won in the past. :baiting:

Email Invitations SentEmail User (if known) Date Sent Times emailed

krudog98@hotmail.com Bryan Mar 17 2

:whistle:

Hey guys, its $25 per bracket correct?

Correct. Ask David but I'm not sure if you can have more than one bracket in this or not.

Yes - I opened it up to 2 brackets this year if anyone wants to lose twice as much . . . lol

Currently at 10 players! Keep those entries coming!!! :applause: It's gonna be a blast! :banana:

:news::D The tourney is on! You can join here:

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/register/joinprivategroup_assign_team?GID=35387&P=cgc10.0

$25 entry fee - winner takes all! Invites have been sent to all returning members. Deadline is Thursday a.m. before the first tip-off.

Yowza - let's PLAY!!! :banana::news:

Hey guys, its $25 per bracket correct?

Correct. Ask David but I'm not sure if you can have more than one bracket in this or not.

Yes - I opened it up to 2 brackets this year if anyone wants to lose twice as much . . . lol

I don't mind taking $50 each from all of you :shy:

Currently at 13 players! Keep those entries coming!!! :applause: It's gonna be a blast! :banana:

:news::D The tourney is on! You can join here:

Unfortunately, my superstition demands that i take Syracuse in every pool every year. Even in years like this when i KNOW we have no chance. Sadly, i already have way too much committed this year on a sure loser :facepalm:

I hear ya, I was forever a Husky fan, and in the rare years I didn't pick them, they either won outright or went deep enough that I would have won :facepalm:

Uconn??? :sick:

Hey, at least you've won it 3 times! In my 20 years of pools, i only have 2003. The only upside is i was so in love with Carmelo, i was POSITIVE we were winning the title by like mid February. Not only did i join like 20 pools(all but 1 i won) i bet every game after round 1 HEAVY. We covered all but 1 and i also had the over/under for each game. Best 2 weeks of my life! :luhv:

You loved Carmelo? really?

I have a dog and Chinchilla named Melo and my son would be named Carmelo if my wife didnt threaten to leave me over it :blush:

Greatest player in modern SU history and the man that ended 20 years of heartbreak and misery for Cuse fans! Oh yeah, i LOVE him!!! :luhv:

7 out of 9 years (1998-2006), I picked the champion before the season started. The two years I didn't? Florida's first title. . . and Syracuse in 2003. I picked Kansas that year, and if they would have made their stupid free throws, they probably would have won that game. Melo was phenomenal that year. I've only picked the champ like that two times since. It has become much more difficult.

Boeheim is such a great coach. I enjoy watching them, and that zone they run can be so frustrating!

I went to the Sweet 16 games in Auburn Hills in 2000 (watching eventual champ Michigan State make the Final Four), and went to the Final Four in 2011 (here in Houston) and 2012 (New Orleans). When we were leaving the title game in 2011, Tom Izzo almost stepped on my foot outside Reliant Stadium.

Unfortunately, my superstition demands that i take Syracuse in every pool every year. Even in years like this when i KNOW we have no chance. Sadly, i already have way too much committed this year on a sure loser :facepalm:

I hear ya, I was forever a Husky fan, and in the rare years I didn't pick them, they either won outright or went deep enough that I would have won :facepalm:

Uconn??? :sick:

Hey, at least you've won it 3 times! In my 20 years of pools, i only have 2003. The only upside is i was so in love with Carmelo, i was POSITIVE we were winning the title by like mid February. Not only did i join like 20 pools(all but 1 i won) i bet every game after round 1 HEAVY. We covered all but 1 and i also had the over/under for each game. Best 2 weeks of my life! :luhv:

You loved Carmelo? really?

I have a dog and Chinchilla named Melo and my son would be named Carmelo if my wife didnt threaten to leave me over it :blush:

Greatest player in modern SU history and the man that ended 20 years of heartbreak and misery for Cuse fans! Oh yeah, i LOVE him!!! :luhv:

7 out of 9 years (1998-2006), I picked the champion before the season started. The two years I didn't? Florida's first title. . . and Syracuse in 2003. I picked Kansas that year, and if they would have made their stupid free throws, they probably would have won that game. Melo was phenomenal that year. I've only picked the champ like that two times since. It has become much more difficult.

Boeheim is such a great coach. I enjoy watching them, and that zone they run can be so frustrating!

I went to the Sweet 16 games in Auburn Hills in 2000 (watching eventual champ Michigan State make the Final Four), and went to the Final Four in 2011 (here in Houston) and 2012 (New Orleans). When we were leaving the title game in 2011, Tom Izzo almost stepped on my foot outside Reliant Stadium.

I've gone by myself or taken my son to the SU tourney games the last 4 years. last year in Boston was freaking awesome til the last minute of the Elite 8 when we blew it against OSU :frustrated:

This year, i wanted to go this weekend but my wife has a race and my daughter has her State gymnastics meet so its a no go for me this weekend. Total freaking bummer! If we make it past the 1st 2 rounds, i will DEFINITELY be in DC with my son to see the Sweet16/Elite8 but i do NOT have a lot of confidence we will get there!!

On a side note, can someone please explain to me how in the hell under the new "pod" system, Syracuse has to travel to freaking California to play lower seeded UNLV??? meh

:news:Status: 9 of 13 players have paid! Keep those entries (and dues) coming!!! :applause: It's gonna be a blast! :banana:

:news:LAST CALL FOR BASKETBALL! :whee:

Status: 9 of 13 players have paid! Keep those entries (and dues) coming!!! :applause: It's gonna be a blast! :banana:

Don't forget to fill out your entire brackets, including a Champion and the tiebreaker score :headbang:

Still waiting for 4 players to send fees :popcorn:

Status: 9 of 13 players have paid! Keep those entries (and dues) coming!!! :applause: It's gonna be a blast! :banana:

Status UPDATE: 12 of 15 players have paid! Keep those entries (and dues) coming!!! :applause: It's gonna be a blast! :banana: