• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: X-Men #1

12 posts in this topic

This is a tough one for me.

I'm going to hazard a guess of 5.5, but it's a little hard to say what CGC will make of the tanning and the tan pages. They are usually quite lenient from what I hear with Marvel chipping on the edge so I don't think that will be a big deal. The little tiny chip on the bottom edge of the back cover concerns me more because it suggests the bottom edge is turning brittle. I know they don't like that or tan pages.

To me, without the tanning and just the Marvel chipping, this looks like a 6.5 to me, but I think they will knock it down for the tanning. Maybe someone with more knowledge of this particular type of issue will have a better idea.

Thanks Crimebuster and Lost - I have little to no experience grading, but just looking at some of the CGC graded books around the boards and using Overstreet CBGG, I was figuring 5.5 - 6.0. It looks like we are thinking along the same lines.

Chipping is considered a defect and CGC therefore does not deduct for it, it does however deduct (understandably) for tearing. By Iceman's hand, I think that would be considered tearing, not just chipping.

The dust shadow/tanning on the back cover will bring it down as CGC really hammers those.

I think it's in the 6.0/6.5 range and the front cover definitely has great eye appeal and great color that isn't always found in midgrade copies. (thumbs u