• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect March winners anyone?

86 posts in this topic

I won an All Select 1, the restored 5.0 copy, not the HG one. One of my favorite covers of all-time.

The DynaPub reprint of it was my first Golden Age book.

Picked up a Spidey 17, and an 18, and two other Schomburg covers featuring the Black Terror.

Do you know what the other two All-Select #1 copies went for?

the 8.5 universal went for 14k

Mine went for $1001. Not sure about the other.

Nice win Bruno! You mentioned you were going after it. Glad you got it. It's a beauty.

I picked up a couple of upgrades. The ASM 123 9.6 and the Avengers 4 9.2. Bidding on a few tomorrow as well. :wishluck:

Avengers 4 in 9.2? NICE!

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

IDK. The Schomburg war cover Nedors seemed to go for stronger prices than in the last two years, and close to their peak prices (grade per grade) of four years ago.

The Fighting Yanks are also already at uniformly strong prices and they don't end until tonight.

The ASM 62 has always been one of my favorite covers. A 9.8 WP at $200 less than the cheapest 2013 sale....how could I not? Tonight Ill have to time the watching of last nights NCIS recording so I dont miss my targets.

IDK. The Schomburg war cover Nedors seemed to go for stronger prices than in the last two years, and close to their peak prices (grade per grade) of four years ago.

The Fighting Yanks are also already at uniformly strong prices and they don't end until tonight.

I forgot to up my bid on the Black Terror # 22 9.0 before I went to bed and now I'm :frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

I won an All Select 1, the restored 5.0 copy, not the HG one. One of my favorite covers of all-time.

The DynaPub reprint of it was my first Golden Age book.

Picked up a Spidey 17, and an 18, and two other Schomburg covers featuring the Black Terror.

Do you know what the other two All-Select #1 copies went for?

the 8.5 universal went for 14k

Mine went for $1001. Not sure about the other.

a thousand bucks. you did good!

The Avengers 4 Cgc 9.4 sold for a bargain price.

How much?

9k and change.

Not really that far off from some other recent disappointing 9.4 sales. Avengers 4 is deader than dead right about now.

How much?

9k and change.

Not really that far off from some other recent disappointing 9.4 sales. Avengers 4 is deader than dead right about now.

That's because its:

1). More common then dirt in 8.5 and above and

2). About as insignificant a "key" as there really exists. What was the difference in years between Cap's last GA appearance and this book? 9 years? That's like an Ultimate Spider-Man character from 2004 all of a sudden reappearing today...big whoop.

I'd much rather have spent the $20k-$30k people were spending on 9.4s a few years ago into the best unrestored copy of Cap Comics # 1 I could find for the money.....much better investment there.

How much?

9k and change.

That's because its:

2). About as insignificant a "key" as there really exists. What was the difference in years between Cap's last GA appearance and this book? 9 years? That's like an Ultimate Spider-Man character from 2004 all of a sudden reappearing today...big whoop.

I'd much rather have spent the $20k-$30k people were spending on 9.4s a few years ago into the best unrestored copy of Cap Comics # 1 I could find for the money.....much better investment there.

I would too. I am just stunned at the continuation of price dropping for higher graded copies. Such a huge swing from a year to two years ago. I feel bad for those buyers. This is the reason why I sold my copy last year or so.

How much?

9k and change.

Which means its a great time to be buying. Unless one likes to lay claim to having set a new GPA record with a purchase.

How much?

9k and change.

That's because its:

I never understood how they EVER went for those prices. As far as early SA "keys" go, there cant be many if any other with as many 8.5-9.4 copies floating around. Has there been an auction in the last couple years with less than 2-3 in that range?

Yikes! I just checked the census, 182 8.5-9.4 Blue label copies! For comparison, Avengers 1 has 64 copies in that grade range.

How much?

9k and change.

Which means its a great time to be buying. Unless one likes to lay claim to having set a new GPA record with a purchase.

I dont know about that. I dont know that it'll ever see those prices again, at least not anytime soon.

It doesn't have to reach those prices. It just has to rise above what you pay for it today.

I still dont know. The census on that one is definitely going to grow even larger. I think it still has a decent amount of room to drop in price and then might sometime soon get back to todays prices.

I wouldnt buy a HG Avengers 4 as an investment right now unless it SHATTERED gpa lows (shrug)