• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect March winners anyone?

86 posts in this topic

Why does buying an Avengers 4 9.4 have to be considered an investment? Maybe it was just bought because it was collectible.

No, thats fine. If the person bought it for his collection, he did awesome. I'd love to buy an upgrade at these prices if i could, just too much else on my plate. I was specifically responding to shad in terms of investment. I would have KILLED to buy that Ohio 9.6 a couple months ago for my permanent collection even if it was the worst investment ever! :cloud9:

Why does buying an Avengers 4 9.4 have to be considered an investment? Maybe it was just bought because it was collectible.

No, thats fine. If the person bought it for his collection, he did awesome. I'd love to buy an upgrade at these prices if i could, just too much else on my plate. I was specifically responding to shad in terms of investment. I would have KILLED to buy that Ohio 9.6 a couple months ago for my permanent collection even if it was the worst investment ever! :cloud9:

(thumbs u

Some incredible pickups...

I am especially jealous of the ASM 4 and the Avengers 4.

Nice job gentlemen.

I had to take a pass on this event auction, otherwise I would have had to place myself in a support group for shopaholics.

The Avengers 4 Cgc 9.4 sold for a bargain price.

How much?

9k and change.

Not really that far off from some other recent disappointing 9.4 sales. Avengers 4 is deader than dead right about now.

That's because its:

1). More common then dirt in 8.5 and above and

2). About as insignificant a "key" as there really exists. What was the difference in years between Cap's last GA appearance and this book? 9 years? That's like an Ultimate Spider-Man character from 2004 all of a sudden reappearing today...big whoop.

I'd much rather have spent the $20k-$30k people were spending on 9.4s a few years ago into the best unrestored copy of Cap Comics # 1 I could find for the money.....much better investment there.

Jason I have to disagree with the above comment. I think Cap's SA return is a landmark moment in Marvel's history, same for FF#4 and Subby's return. Two of Stan Lee's finest moment's if you ask me, was just brilliant.

How much?

9k and change.

Not really that far off from some other recent disappointing 9.4 sales. Avengers 4 is deader than dead right about now.

That's because its:

2). About as insignificant a "key" as there really exists. What was the difference in years between Cap's last GA appearance and this book? 9 years? That's like an Ultimate Spider-Man character from 2004 all of a sudden reappearing today...big whoop.

I'd much rather have spent the $20k-$30k people were spending on 9.4s a few years ago into the best unrestored copy of Cap Comics # 1 I could find for the money.....much better investment there.

Jason I have to disagree with the above comment. I think Cap's SA return is a landmark moment in Marvel's history, same for FF#4 and Subby's return. Two of Stan Lee's finest moment's if you ask me, was just brilliant.

That was Jive not me :gossip:

How much?

9k and change.

That's because its:

Jason George I have to disagree with the above comment. I think Cap's SA return is a landmark moment in Marvel's history, same for FF#4 and Subby's return. Two of Stan Lee's finest moment's if you ask me, was just brilliant.

:facepalm:

How much?

9k and change.

That's because its:

Jason George I have to disagree with the above comment. I think Cap's SA return is a landmark moment in Marvel's history, same for FF#4 and Subby's return. Two of Stan Lee's finest moment's if you ask me, was just brilliant.

:facepalm:

You should know i would never badmouth anything Avengers (thumbs u

Well, except for anything that includes Mantis :sick:

How much?

9k and change.

That's because its:

100% agree, Avengers 4 is a cool book, but all the hype makes no sense at all. I think the 1st Vision is very similar. Sure he is a cool character but far from an A or even B level one.

Nice win Bruno! You mentioned you were going after it. Glad you got it. It's a beauty.

I picked up a couple of upgrades. The ASM 123 9.6 and the Avengers 4 9.2. Bidding on a few tomorrow as well. :wishluck:

The legacy of that Av 4 is Vintage Roy to Racer-x to you!

How much?

9k and change.

That's because its:

ditto. Not a book I think I will ever chase.

Hi all --

Just one book for me at a bit more than I'd hoped. Not a pedigree, but so tough to find in NM with this page quality...actually in the Top 10 toughest FF's to find in 9.4 and up if the census can be used as an indication. And what a great Doom cover:

FF23_zps5ef19b80.jpg

Thanks!

Dan

Hi all --

Just one book for me at a bit more than I'd hoped. Not a pedigree, but so tough to find in NM with this page quality...actually in the Top 10 toughest FF's to find in 9.4 and up if the census can be used as an indication. And what a great Doom cover:

FF23_zps5ef19b80.jpg

Thanks!

Dan

Congrats Dan!!!! Awesome book!