• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superior Spider-Man in DD 21 - Why not notated by CGC?

69 posts in this topic

I don't follow moderns much but all the hype about the end of the ASM run got me looking into this. I noticed that it's been conventional understanding that the first appearance of Superior Spider-Man is in DD 21 but I've noticed that the slabbed copies do not notate this.

Is there a dispute as to which issue he really appeared in first?

Check the slabbed copies notation of Amazing Spider-man 698. That's the 1st appearance right there.

ASM 698 is the 1st appearance of Superior Spidey. (thumbs u

The above slab doesn't note that though. It just says he assumes his body. It does not say it is the first appearance of Superior though.

Wouldn't it be 700 when he actually calls himself Superior? Or was that in Avenging 16?

IMO its 698...How many panels does he need? There is just no way 698 is a cameo. He assumes the body and you see him throughout the book. It should not make a difference what he calls himself. So when Peter gets control of his body again in Superior Spider-man does that make Peter Parker 1st app as Superior Spider-man?

Check the slabbed copies notation of Amazing Spider-man 698. That's the 1st appearance right there.

The above slab doesn't note that though. It just says he assumes his body. It does not say it is the first appearance of Superior though.

Wouldn't it be 700 when he actually calls himself Superior? Or was that in Avenging 16?

Avenging 15.1 you mean? Because I think that's the one where he build his new suit and called himself Superior Spider-Man.

Avenging 15.1 you mean? Because I think that's the one where he build his new suit and called himself Superior Spider-Man.

Yea thanks- forgot about the whole .1 thing Marvel does...